Phantom Thread

Started by wilder, June 02, 2016, 08:21:51 PM

budwillies

Well, I guess we have to wait another week.  :yabbse-angry:

greenberryhill

New info about the movie!!!!  The "Phantom Thread" facebook page just posted this:

Set in the glamour of 1950's post-war London, renowned dressmaker Reynolds Woodcock (Daniel Day-Lewis) and his sister Cyril (Lesley Manville) are at the center of British fashion, dressing royalty, movie stars, heiresses, socialites, debutants and dames with the distinct style of The House of Woodcock. Women come and go through Woodcock's life, providing the confirmed bachelor with inspiration and companionship, until he comes across a young, strong-willed woman, Alma (Vicky Krieps), who soon becomes a fixture in his life as his muse and lover. Once controlled and planned, he finds his carefully tailored life disrupted by love. With his latest film, Paul Thomas Anderson paints an illuminating portrait both of an artist on a creative journey, and the women who keep his world running. Phantom Thread is Paul Thomas Anderson's eighth movie, and his second collaboration with Daniel Day-Lewis.

Yes

I came here to post the exact same thing  :)

Those Woodcock rumors from a few pages back turn out to be true!

budwillies

Guys, check out imdb for the ratings guide as well. It says it may be rated pg 13. We are getting close!!!!

Vicko99

Imdb is full of shit. Ddl character still figure as charles james.

wilberfan

Quote from: greenberryhill on October 20, 2017, 07:31:13 PM
New info about the movie!!!!  The "Phantom Thread" facebook page just posted this

Why don't I see it there anywhere?  All I see is the "Coming Soon" post from the 17th...

jviness02

New info about the movie!!!!  The "Phantom Thread" facebook page just posted this:

Set in the glamour of 1950's post-war London, renowned dressmaker Reynolds Woodcock (Daniel Day-Lewis) and his sister Cyril (Lesley Manville) are at the center of British fashion, dressing royalty, movie stars, heiresses, socialites, debutants and dames with the distinct style of The House of Woodcock. Women come and go through Woodcock's life, providing the confirmed bachelor with inspiration and companionship, until he comes across a young, strong-willed woman, Alma (Vicky Krieps), who soon becomes a fixture in his life as his muse and lover. Once controlled and planned, he finds his carefully tailored life disrupted by love. With his latest film, Paul Thomas Anderson paints an illuminating portrait both of an artist on a creative journey, and the women who keep his world running. Phantom Thread is Paul Thomas Anderson's eighth movie, and his second collaboration with Daniel Day-Lewis.

Still can't really say how I got this information, but this is the synopsis I got to read a while back when I dropped the Woodcock rumors. Excited for the trailer to come out.

Lottery

Quote from: wilberfan on October 20, 2017, 09:07:37 PM
New info about the movie!!!!  The "Phantom Thread" facebook page just posted this

Why don't I see it there anywhere?  All I see is the "Coming Soon" post from the 17th...

It's in the "About" section/tab.

wilberfan

Quote from: Lottery on October 20, 2017, 09:31:39 PM
It's in the "About" section/tab.

Ah.  I didn't go back far enough in my timeline....

Rooty Poots

I set Phantom Thread's Facebook page to notify me of any new postings, and in my notifications it showed they posted a link—but as soon as I clicked the notification, they'd already deleted it. Anyone know what it was?
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

Fitzroy

Synopsis from the Film Stage

(POTENTIAL SPOILER?)

QuoteSet in the glamour of 1950s post-war London, renowned dressmaker Reynolds Woodcock (Daniel Day-Lewis) and his sister Cyril (Lesley Manville) are at the center of British fashion, dressing royalty, movie stars, heiresses, socialites, debutants and dames with the distinct style of The House of Woodcock. Women come and go through Woodcock's life, providing the confirmed bachelor with inspiration and companionship, until he comes across a young, strong-willed woman, Alma (Vicky Krieps), who soon becomes a fixture in his life as his muse and lover. Once controlled and planned, he finds his carefully tailored life disrupted by love. With his latest film, Paul Thomas Anderson paints an illuminating portrait both of an artist on a creative journey, and the women who keep his world running. Phantom Thread is Paul Thomas Anderson's eighth movie, and his second collaboration with Daniel Day-Lewis.

https://thefilmstage.com/news/full-synopsis-unveiled-for-paul-thomas-andersons-phantom-thread/

No indication as to their source on this.

WorldForgot

The source is indicated in the posts before yourz

Fitzroy

Ha, didn't see the couple of posts on the previous page. Thanks! :doh:

Yes

QuoteThe Oscar Predictor‏ @OscarPredictor  12h12 hours ago
My friend loved Phantom Thread's (almost finished) cut 😎

Pol‏ @floydm100  8h8 hours ago
Are the 50 shades rumors true..?

The Oscar Predictor‏
@OscarPredictor
Replying to @floydm100
Yes.

Lorenzo Ciorcalo‏ @rotovisor  12h12 hours ago
Replying to @OscarPredictor
Run time?

The Oscar Predictor‏ @OscarPredictor  12h12 hours ago
Shorter than you think.

https://twitter.com/OscarPredictor/status/921665406795952128

Drenk

I had a feeling it would be shorter than usual. But I hope it will be at least 2 hours. Because I am greedy. Then: the running time fits the movie.
Ascension.