PTA in BlackBook

Started by cowboykurtis, December 09, 2003, 12:34:02 PM

Link

What a freakin awesome interview.  I loved it.  Two of my favorite filmmakers (Dancer in the Dark is right above Magnolia, for me, that is).

BTW, I don't think Lars is being hypocritical at all.  But that's just my opinion

kotte

Enjoyed the interview. Made PTA sound like a fanboy or something. PTA is as interesting filmmaker as LVT.
LVT doesn't seem to love film and filmmaking. He lacks energy. Depressed on a regualr basis. Seek help and be happy.

Ghostboy

Thanks for the transcription, ONMTP! I actually went to the newsstand to get a copy myself, but they still had the previous issue in stock. Now you've saved me five bucks!

I don't think its entirely hypocritical of LVT to say he knows what America is like. It's hard for me to say, having lived here all my life, but I think you get a pretty good idea from the movies and media. For example, on a smaller scale, NY and LA were exactly like I thought they'd be, the first time I visited them, simply because I'd seen them so much in media.

©brad

QuotePTA: Absolutely. I heard that Clinton loved Boogie Nights, and that really made me excited. It made me like him very much. And then they actually requested a print of Magnolia.

from what i know, clinton is quite the film buff. i remember seeing an interview w/ him and he was talking about how much he loved three kings. he went on about it for a while.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: GhostboyFor example, on a smaller scale, NY and LA were exactly like I thought they'd be, the first time I visited them, simply because I'd seen them so much in media.

It was the same for me with New York. I thought it was kind of boring, actually. I loved Boston, though... that's a great place.

Pubrick

i think PTA is secretly in love with LVT.
under the paving stones.

NEON MERCURY

damn Ono.......you would make a good living(and break the sexist) barrier if you applied to be one of those people who work in the courtroom and sit underneath the judge and type what everyone says......

you have a delicate keystroke......i can tell.....

Gold Trumpet

I'm still trying to figure out how Kubrick disliked Barry Lyndon......

Pubrick

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI'm still trying to figure out how Kubrick disliked Barry Lyndon......
yeah that bugged me.

he did get depressed cos it flopped, maybe that's it. and he was blaming it on the length.
under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

I think he probably disliked all of his films. I remember reading Nicole Kidman saying that he would still work on them, years after they had been released.

It's evident throughout Dogville how much Von Trier loves Barry Lyndon, from the first frame to the last.

Duck Sauce

Thanks for typing this up.

This is the best PTA interview Ive read so far. Wow

brockly

I admire your courtesy Ono. If JB had requested a transciption that big from me, i'd have told him to make me an admin (and he would have told me to go fuck myself, which is exactly the idea). Thanks alot dude!

And oh yeah, excellent interview!

Sal

Thank you for transcribing that interview.  It was fantastic!

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Duck SauceThis is the best PTA interview Ive read so far. Wow

I would say it's second only to the Creative Screenwriting interview.

kotte

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: Duck SauceThis is the best PTA interview Ive read so far. Wow

I would say it's second only to the Creative Screenwriting interview.
Totally agree.
I love when filmmakers go into details about their craft. Like writing for example.