Scorsese and PTA to produce Desperadoes

Started by last days of gerry the elephant, March 20, 2006, 12:01:21 PM

last days of gerry the elephant

Scorsese and PTA?

Source: Variety

By: Mike Sampson

Martin Scorsese and PT Anderson will team up for an upcoming film but sadly it won't be the sequel to the Tarantino/Rodriguez double-thriller GRIND HOUSE. The directors are working together to produce DESPERADOES from director Monte Hellman. For those unfamiliar with Hellman's work, he was a director who produced a number of cult hits in the 70s including a James Taylor (yes, "Sweet Baby James") drag racing road flick TWO-LANE BLACKTOP and Jack Nicholson westerns like THE SHOOTING. For those who don't give a crap about that and demand something more recognizable, Hellman executive produced RESERVOIR DOGS and recently wrote and directed SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT 3. DESPERADOES will be based on the book by Ron Hansen who also wrote the book the upcoming Brad Pitt movie THE ASSASSINATION OF JESSE JAMES is based upon. According to Variety, the film follows "the exploits of the Dalton gang and the beautiful Eugenia Moore, who fell in love with Bob Dalton and helped the brothers rob trains, either directly or by distracting the local marshal." Filming is scheduled to begin this fall in Canada. Meanwhile we'll just have to wait longer for that PT Anderson shlock horror film.

---
http://joblo.com/index.php?id=10724

I have been hesitant to start a topic about this yet, but since I couldn't find any additional news about this on the forum anywhere I decided to.

The Red Vine

a movie involving PTA and Scorsese has always been a wet dream of mine.
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Quote from: musse on March 20, 2006, 12:01:21 PM
I have been hesitant to start a topic about this yet, but since I couldn't find any additional news about this on the forum anywhere I decided to.

http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=8709.0
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick