Family Guy

Started by SHAFTR, June 27, 2003, 01:27:41 PM

Reel

Idk if I'll give Family guy another shot. Those episodes you described sound like pretty cool ideas but I'm still like  :doh:  I think the show just has too much output for its own good, I wouldn't know where to begin watching them and if I did I would probably end up with a headache. I hear people reference this show and I don't understand where the funny is. Theres like this running gag in my life where I love cartoons and talking about them, but whenever I try to start a conversation about it someone's gotta mention how much they looovvve Family guy and top it off with a crappy joke.

tpfkabi

When Fox stopped KOTH it ticked me off. I was kinda following KOTH, FG, and American Dad. It just became too much to keep up with any more. Maybe it was the addition of The Cleveland Show that just really set it off for me.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Reel

I tolerated Cleveland for a few shows because it was new, just like I did for Family guy back in the day. Theres a such a glut of Mcfarlane shows now I'm like pick one or make a good movie and redeem yourself! Did you check out The Goode Family with Mike Judge's voicing? it was on Comedy central for like a day. Once I found out he didn't make it I was like oh this will never last.

OrHowILearnedTo

Cleveland show has probably the best jokes of the three. They handle the Cleveland Jr. and other kid characters pretty nicely, but everything with Cleveland is based on bad (and pretty offensive) race jokes/situations, and they're never subtle about it. Everything with him is exaggerated in the Family Guy style, which is kinda ironic since Cleveland on family guy was often the least-exaggerated and down to earth character on that show (at least in the earlier seasons). American Dad is the most dedicated to character and story so i like it best, but i never make anytime to watch any of these shows. Family Guy is probably the worst show on TV.

tpfkabi

Quote from: Reelist on May 18, 2010, 08:10:04 PM
Did you check out The Goode Family with Mike Judge's voicing, it was on Comedy central for like a day. Once I found out he didn't make it I was like oh this will never last.

Yeah, I tried to watch it, but couldn't. I wasn't surprised it didn't last.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

well this was just a little bit disturbing, but equally awesome.