Six Feet Under is SIX FEET UNDER and infested with spoilers!

Started by Sigur Rós, April 27, 2003, 01:16:38 PM

Pubrick

ur age has nothing to do with it, duderino. Chest and Pedro and even Ebeaman manage to explain themselves fine. u still hav only repeated the same thing, u didn't like, that much we know already. what i was asking is what didn't u like about it, i'm sorry if that's too much to ask.

out of all the teens who hav ever grown up on this board, i think u are the slowest to realise that it has nothing to do with ur age at all. chest grew up before our very eyes, into writing coherent reviews. "just" is "just" worthless.
under the paving stones.

El Duderino

sorry, i'm a guy of not many words. deal with it.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Pubrick

nice cop-out.

that's ok,. the brilliance of this show remains unaffected by ur awkwardness. i can finally stop trying to give any credit to ur opinions.

*dealt with*
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Warner Bros. has delayed season two of Six Feet Under which stars Richard Jenkins, Frances Conroy and Freddy Rodriguez. This five disc package will now be available to own from the 6th July this year. The retail price will remain at around $99.99. Extras will include commentaries, episodes previews and more.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

Quote from: MacGuffinWarner Bros. has delayed season two of Six Feet Under which stars Richard Jenkins, Frances Conroy and Freddy Rodriguez. This five disc package will now be available to own from the 6th July this year. The retail price will remain at around $99.99. Extras will include commentaries, episodes previews and more.

WHAT THE FUCK!? like they haven't had enough fucking time to make this  fucking disc...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Redlum

http://www.hbo.com/sixfeetunder/

There's a trailer for Season four on there that is just outstanding. It's a piece of work unto itself. Can't wait.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Pubrick

Quote from: ®edlumhttp://www.hbo.com/sixfeetunder/

There's a trailer for Season four on there that is just outstanding. It's a piece of work unto itself. Can't wait.
that was nice, thanks. that's what trailers should be.
under the paving stones.

Redlum

Anyone watch the first of season 4 yet? I thought it was pretty damn great. I don't really think its all kicked off yet though. It felt like the conclusion to an X-Files end of season cliffhanger, in a way. Really liked the direction in this episode.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Pubrick

i guess this is where me and this thread part ways..
under the paving stones.

Raikus

Quote from: ®edlumAnyone watch the first of season 4 yet? I thought it was pretty damn great. I don't really think its all kicked off yet though. It felt like the conclusion to an X-Files end of season cliffhanger, in a way. Really liked the direction in this episode.
Well, it was all to do with the coping of the Season 3 finale. I enjoyed it (especially since it helped me remember how season 3 ended) and thought the main point of it was for closure and a chance to start in a new direction (for the family). I thought they had written off Russel, but now there's still a chance he'll go psycho mid-season and hold Claire hostage in some artistic way.

And I forgot how much I liked Arthur.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

grand theft sparrow

Honestly.  What the hell was up with tonight's (July 18th) episode?  I think they finally, officially jumped the shark.

Raikus

Why? Because they centered on one major event? I thought it played a bit stressed, but overly feasible into the story. Giving David a life changing event seems to be in order. I'm glad they finally gave a season revolving instance--something that's been missing so far.

We'll see where they take it, then you can ask if they jumped the shark again.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: RaikusWe'll see where they take it, then you can ask if they jumped the shark again.

After some sleep and some thought, that's exactly the conclusion I came to.  Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate last night's ep like I'm sure a lot of people did.  And I know that complaining about something coming out of left field on this show is like complaining about 24 being in real time.  But it was so brutally unlike anything that had ever happened on the show before that it's not out of order to be disturbed by it (not only because of what happened and who it happened to but because it's such a departure from the show, in my estimation anyway).

My girlfriend's initial reaction to the episode was identical to mine: "This is like that episode of The Sopranos where Dr. Melfi was raped."  The fact that Six Feet isn't The Sopranos (as the writers of Six Feet like to acknowledge isolated incidents like this in other episodes of the show) is a great comfort but it's all about where they take it.  I mean David smoked crack, for Christ's sake!  I was tearing my hair out during that!  Not so much the incident as the tone of the episode felt like it belonged in a different show.  Most unnerving hour of TV I've seen in a long time, if not ever.

One great thing a friend of mine pointed out was that the dog that David followed led him to grief while a dog led Nate to overcoming grief.

Raikus

I get the sentiment, believe me. Last night's show wasn't one of my favorites by any means and I know what you mean about it being starkly out of contrast. I too had a beef with the *SPOILERS* post-crack smoking sequence but I've been taken down so many different roads with this show that I was very skeptical about and they've turned out great.

I could be way off on my assumption that the writers can pull this event back into the sequence of the show, but I've got faith. If nothing else it made me very anxious to see next week's episode (something any previous episodes this season failed to do).

Redlum

That episode was so intense.

Interesting comments. Weren't both dogs labradors, too?

Also for x-philes - wasnt the opening location used in '3' the episode between Scully's abduction three-parter.
  -  George Lucas