KB B&W Trauma

Started by Something Spanish, October 12, 2003, 04:26:42 PM

Banky

yeah i thought it was bullshit

cine

I had no problem with the black and white. I don't know.. it was Tarantino and I just went with the flow and didn't dare stop and say "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Why are we in black and white now? That shit ain't right." I enjoyed all of it anyhow.. regardless if we didn't see the blood.. the visuals were all great.

SHAFTR

I think the B&W and blue silhouette helped break a 20 minute action film up so that it seems fresh.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Teen Wolf

Didn't bother me. I noticed it, but it didn't take me out of the movie.

modage

nobody thought it was cool how she blinked and it made a camera shutter noise and returned to color?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Fernando

Quote from: themodernage02nobody thought it was cool how she blinked and it made a camera shutter noise and returned to color?

That was very cool indeed.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: ewardi loved the b&w.   end of story.

i love when people say this....   :roll:

B&W did it for me

Jeremy Blackman

The B&W was brilliant. I felt like I slipped into a Kurosawa movie.

neatahwanta

B&W  8)

Thos against B&W  :shock:

MacGuffin

I thought the use of B&W in the opening was more effective than it's use in the fight.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

edison

but just think that when the dvd comes out it will probably be in color, or have an option for color, so all this bitching is pretty much for nothing.

SHAFTR

Quote from: EEz28but just think that when the dvd comes out it will probably be in color, or have an option for color, so all this bitching is pretty much for nothing.

I doubt it
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

edison

Gold Trumpet

I loved the black and white. Felt like a step back into vintage samuari movies when the blood really was flying without it being too distracting for the audience. Its just too handle all the blood without it feeling really exploitive, if possible. And just a fresh idea.

~rougerum