Ask Thrindle

Started by Gold Trumpet, July 05, 2004, 10:14:34 PM

These past weeks I've been chainsmoking.  Yesterday I had  two packs, of course not all where consumed by me but still, one can't help but feel stupid while buying them.   Awful awful habit.

Coffee and cigarrettes are ace together, but I preffer them with milk and tea.
context, context, context.

Film Student

Addiction's a bitch.

Also, Thrindle:

If those are your eyes, then I must agree with whoever said they're gorgeous.
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

NEON MERCURY

ah, cigarrettes.........i had as huge addiction towards them.for years......i always had my beer and cigs ready when watching film exspecially.......
then while lookin gover the internet on google i searched for pictures of people who have cancers of the mouth and such and i felt two things:

1. how sorry i feel for these people who have this..
2. i do not want this to happen to me........

so, i made up my mind right their to stop smoking those things....i thought about how  horrible it would be for me and my family and friends to know that i had a smoking related illness and dies b/c of it....... :( ..........

and now for seven months and counting  i have been smoke free...
.and i drink less also...... :) ...........................please quit..........its phucking tough... but enjoy life while you can............

I stopped smoking for a year and got back to the vice some three months ago.  Frankly, the only two good things that'd make me stop smoking now would be:  
1. Women
2. Children

Which won't happen anytime soon, I hope.

Thrindle

If I were to get pregnant I'd definately quit... Hmm... any thoughts GT?
Obviously kidding.  No mother will I ever be.  Ok, I won't be one until I can find the right test tube to put the baby in.  
"Baby, meet your father, his name is Pyrex".  Enough said.
Classic.

Tictacbk

anybody buy cigarettes online? Is it worth it?

Ravi

Don't buy cigarettes.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Thank you for all of your advice, Thrindle.

You were right with your deductions about what kind of a person she is.

I want to keep in touch with her and hope to one day pick it up back up where we left off, but until then, wish me luck.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Gold Trumpet

OK, so I had two friends of mine fill out an exam of what they thought about me for a communications class. Most of  the questions are simple description words with them checking a responce to what best fits me. The choices are Not at All, Slighty, Moderately, Rather Well and Extremely Well. So, with every word of description, they put what answer they thought was best for me. Could you tell me what you think of these answers and then answer each one yourself? OK, here it goes:

1.) Self Confident: a.) Extremely Well b.) Extremely Well
2.) Tactful: a.) Not at All b.) Not at all
3.) Irritable: a.) Slightly b.) Moderately
4.) Quiet: a.) Not at all b.) Not at all
5.) Serious: a.) Not at all b.) Slightly
6.) Energetic: a.) Slightly b.) Rather Well
7.) Cooperative: a.) Moderately b.) Not at all
8.) Prejudiced: a.) Extremely Well b.) Not at all
9.) Unpredictable: a.) Extremely Well b.) Extremely Well
10.) Leader: a.) Rather Well b.) Moderately
11.) Selfish: a.) Not at all b.) Moderately
12.) Considerate of Others: a.) Slightly b.) Moderately
13.) Tenseness: a.) Slightly b.) Not at all
14.) Accepts Criticism: a.) Rather Well b.) Extremely Well
15.) Aggressiveness: a.) Rather Well b.) Moderately
16.) Easy to get to Know: a.) Extremely Well b.) Moderately
17.) Imaginative: a.) Moderately b.) Extremely Well
18.) Friendly: a.) Extremely Well b.) Moderate
19.) Physically Attractive: a.) Slightly b.) Not at all
20.) Trusting of Others: a.) Moderately b.) Moderately

and finally, word that best describes me: a.) intense b.) cocky

So, considering these two guys sometimes contradict themselves, what do you think? Curious considering you know me ten times better than both of them put together.
[/b]

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet
considering these two guys sometimes contradict themselves

you don't?  

WHO DOESN'T?

Thrindle

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetOK, so I had two friends of mine fill out an exam of what they thought about me for a communications class. Most of  the questions are simple description words with them checking a responce to what best fits me. The choices are Not at All, Slighty, Moderately, Rather Well and Extremely Well. So, with every word of description, they put what answer they thought was best for me. Could you tell me what you think of these answers and then answer each one yourself? OK, here it goes:

1.) Self Confident: Rather Well
2.) Tactful: Extremely Well
3.) Irritable: Slightly
4.) Quiet: Rather Well
5.) Serious: Extremely Well
6.) Energetic: Rather Well
7.) Cooperative: Extremely Well
8.) Prejudiced: Not at all
9.) Unpredictable: Moderately Well (referring to spontinaeity)
10.) Leader: Extremely Well
11.) Selfish: Not at All (Mr. I'll Pay Your Phone Bill Honey)
12.) Considerate of Others: Moderately Well
13.) Tenseness: Slightly
14.) Accepts Criticism: Extremely Well
15.) Aggressiveness: Moderately
16.) Easy to get to Know: Extremely Well (I knew your life story at the end of conversation #1)
17.) Imaginative: Extremely Well  :twisted:
18.) Friendly: Rather Well
19.) Physically Attractive: EXTREMELY WELL (mmm... rugged GT)
20.) Trusting of Others: Moderately

and finally, word that best describes me: passionate

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetSo, considering these two guys sometimes contradict themselves, what do you think? Curious considering you know me ten times better than both of them put together.
I think it's obvious that both of them buy into the person you portray.  Are both of them right?  Yes.  They are in the sense that they are accurate at depicting who you seem to be.

But I'm the most right because I'm Thrindle.
Classic.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Could you rate yourself using that list of 20 things that GT supplied?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

©brad

and could you tell me what exactly the production staff of the mtv vma's last night were smoking? cuz the show was without question the worst, like, ever. no host, weird ass confusing stage, performances that were laughably bad (save the christina/nelly performance which was actually very good, the rest however, sucked hardcore. half the performers couldn't even hit the notes and kept turning the mic over to the fans)

bad bad bad.

Thrindle

Ok Walrus, Here goes:

1.) Self Confident: Extremely Well
2.) Tactful: Extremely Well
3.) Irritable: Slightly
4.) Quiet: Slightly
5.) Serious: Extremely Well
6.) Energetic: Moderately Well
7.) Cooperative: Moderately Well (I'm a control freak who likes things done my way.
8.) Prejudiced: Slightly
9.) Unpredictable: Moderately Well
10.) Leader: Extremely Well
11.) Selfish: Rather Well (I'm really quite self absorbed.  I live my life inside my own head...)
12.) Considerate of Others: Extremely Well (Too much so... I sacrifice myself too often)
13.) Tenseness: Extremely Well (Anxiety Attack Queen)
14.) Accepts Criticism: Slightly
15.) Aggressiveness: Moderately
16.) Easy to get to Know: Extremely Well (Obviously)
17.) Imaginative: Rather Well
18.) Friendly: Extremely Well
19.) Physically Attractive: Rather Well
20.) Trusting of Others: Moderately

and finally, word that best describes me: passionate
Same word as for GT.  I'm hugely passionate.  You should see me at school...

Quote from: ©bradand could you tell me what exactly the production staff of the mtv vma's last night were smoking? cuz the show was without question the worst, like, ever. no host, weird ass confusing stage, performances that were laughably bad (save the christina/nelly performance which was actually very good, the rest however, sucked hardcore. half the performers couldn't even hit the notes and kept turning the mic over to the fans)

bad bad bad.

Well Brad, I never watched it.  I don't think it was on in Canada, but even if it was, I probably wouldn't have watched it.  The folks at MTV, or MuchMusic (in Canada), all seem to be the same.  We indulge in television that reduces our standards to that of a fuckwit.  Further more, we are being brainwashed into believing that Fuckwiticism (yes, it is a word), is actually something to strive for.
God help us all.  Bad bad bad.
Classic.

Reinhold

where should i go to college? i want to do tv/film production and can't spend a lot of money.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.