put your Gondry right here.

Started by picolas, April 18, 2004, 01:23:38 AM

modage

ATTN: NYC

September 06, 2006 — September 30, 2006
76 Grand Street, New York

Deitch Projects is pleased to present The Science of Sleep; an exhibition of sculpture and pathological creepy little gifts by Michel Gondry coinciding with the release of his new movie The Science of Sleep. Though he first rose to acclaim as a director of award-winning music videos and feature films, Gondry is also an immensely imaginative artist. In this exhibition, The Science of Sleep movie sets are presented and elaborated on as to allow their more concerted consideration as sculpture. A walk through the exhibition will immerse the viewer in the sculptural experience of the movie in three dimensions.
http://www.deitch.com/projects/sub.php?projId=195&orient=v

this is a few blocks from my apt.  i wonder if it will be PACKED?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

interview with Gondry: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30121

incl. info on another project...

QUINT: Since you've been writing your last few projects, are you going to have a hand writing the screenplay for MASTER OF SPACE AND TIME or are you going to leave that all to Daniel Clowes.

MICHEL GONDRY: We'll see. I mean, SPACE & TIME I've started to work with Dan Clowes, who is great, but I have another project I started to write on my own, too, and we'll see how it goes. If I have some ideas...

QUINT: You're writing something else, too?

MICHEL GONDRY: Yeah. I have a French project I started to write.

QUINT: What's it called?

MICHEL GONDRY: It's called THE RETURN OF THE ICESKATE.

MacGuffin

Gondry Tours Japan
Olivier Gondry, brother of Michel, also a director, takes a tour through the Asakusa area of Tokyo.

http://www.pingmag.jp/2006/10/10/walking-asakusa-with-olivier-gondry/
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

BECK
Cell Phones Dead
Dir: Michel Gondry

gob

bonanzataz

what i don't understand is why music videos would get taken down for copyright infringement. first off, somebody else sees that it's not there anymore and just posts it right back up. secondly, i was not going to buy the new beck album until i saw this video. aren't music videos supposed to be advertisements for the artist and the album? why would the record company not want to take advantage of the free advertising?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

michel gondry solves a rubik's cube with his feet

context, context, context.

Pozer

JG

Pubrick

once again a warning to not waste your time on JG's link.

Quote from: JG on December 15, 2006, 08:30:06 PM
the interviewer is hilarious. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfrIAqg4kgY&mode=related&search=
not to sound like i'm picking on you for no reason.. but that is neither hilarious nor interesting in any way. it's a dime-a-dozen Gigli of interviews out of hundreds of Giglis made every day. it's not even attractive or unique as a bad interview, it's just a complete waste of time. very much like that EWS crapfest you linked a while back.

i got bored and clicked on this link.
this is the bit i don't get.. how you could say you were be BORED by Gondry solving a rubik's cube with his feet (which is the very definition of entertainment), and then recommend something "hilarious" when it is actually truly the very definition of boring.

Quote from: cronopio on December 15, 2006, 12:17:10 PM
michel gondry solves a rubik's cube with his feet

regarding the the rubik's cube trick, i'd like to see one solved where the footage wasn't just run backwards (this one seemed to have cuts too), but it was nice to see gondry do it. pozer's reaction is really the punchline here. it wouldn't be out of character for gondry to really do something like that, or to tap-dance while playing an accordion as he balances a bench on his head that sits grampa and jasper playing checkers.
under the paving stones.

JG

Quote from: Pubrick on December 16, 2006, 12:21:14 AM
once again a warning to not waste your time on JG's link.

the interviewer is hilarious. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfrIAqg4kgY&mode=related&search=
not to sound like i'm picking on you for no reason.. but that is neither hilarious nor interesting in any way. it's a dime-a-dozen Gigli of interviews out of hundreds of Giglis made every day. it's not even attractive or unique as a bad interview, it's just a complete waste of time. very much like that EWS crapfest you linked a while back.

i got bored and clicked on this link.
this is the bit i don't get.. how you could say you were be BORED by Gondry solving a rubik's cube with his feet (which is the very definition of entertainment), and then recommend something "hilarious" when it is actually truly the very definition of boring.

its fine dude you can pick on me all you want.  i'd be lying if i told you i watched the video i linked the whole way through, i just thought the guy was funny and awkward, not in jaw-dropping way, but enough for me to feel compelled to link you guys to him.  like most youtube videos, either the premise is funny or is starts out funny and gets...unfunny (then maybe funny again).  hilarious is an overstatement, fine.  i just used it to justify the link.   

the EWS analysis i linked was shit admittedly, i don't think i said it was good, but i don't get why you try and deter people from "wasting their time" on these links.   does macguffin always censor the quality of his interviews?   it was a write-up on a movie we all love, so without hesitation i linked it.   it doesn't take too long for people to decide for themselves, does it? 

but its all so trivial so lets shut up and give each other an e-hug.   :)

Pubrick

Quote from: JG on December 16, 2006, 08:37:35 AM
i'd be lying if i told you i watched the video i linked the whole way through,
the least i expect from video links is that the person posting it has seen whatever they're showing us. i figured that was just common sense.

Quote from: JG on December 16, 2006, 08:37:35 AM
a) the EWS analysis i linked was shit admittedly, i don't think i said it was good,
b) does macguffin always censor the quality of his interviews?   
c) it was a write-up on a movie we all love, so without hesitation i linked it.
was there a point in this mess?

a) no you called it an "analysis for those who are interested", well anyone interested and with any self respect would not hav called it an analysis much less recommended it. and yes that is what you're doing when you link something, it's a recommendation. you didn't realise it was shit until ppl actually went to waste their time on it. like the video above you prolly didn't read it.

b) no but he doesn't recommend them either. articles that are cut and pasted without selection other than relevance to the topic don't require any screening process. besides, his sources are mostly reliable and informative. the badly written ones have been reviewed as such and so been avoided by ppl who would rather not waste their time. that's what i've done with your (two) links.

c) please spare me the link for when you find a piece of dog shit on the ground layed out in an E W S formation, which you will no doubt be compelled to post.

e-hug postponed until you start making sense.
under the paving stones.

JG

Pubrick

under the paving stones.