freddy vs jason

Started by underdog, May 16, 2003, 06:24:01 PM

Pas

I'll see this saturday for sure. I love Freddy and he's funny as hell.

Anyways, good or bad, this movie is needed right now. Gore and sex is just what people need in these sad times (remember September eleven)

Banky

im going to see this movie tonight at 7 30.  I hope it is going to meet my expectations.  I think it will.  Anyways, i'll have my opinion posted by tonight.

Sal

I saw it last night and it was hit and miss.  What hit was what should've: the gore, the gore, the gore.  Yessss.  There were some quality moments from Freddy in this one, which I always savor.  Englund's the supreme shit.  But I thought the story was treated too "funnily;" granted, I don't know if it's really possible to make a good serious story from a VS movie like this, so I suppose they went the right direction, but it was also really self reflexive.  Too much so, I thought.  Still a great time though.

Banky

Here comes the review:

I dont think i could have asked for a better experience.  The entire theatre was sold out and packed and every one was ready to see the movie.  Holy shit this movie hit on every level.  Granted its just a slasher flick but by god it was good.  Top notch titties right out the gate.  The gore in this movie was grade A.  All the kids that were killed by The duo were bloody and exciting.  The plot is pretty fluid an there is never a fall in action.  The girl in the shower was also a nice touch.  Also great Jason flash backs that make you actually feel for the character.  The whole audience was cheering for who they wanted to win.  The comical releif was actually comical in this one.  The best line in the movie is from the stoner when he's discussing Jason.  It was on point.  And the battle at the end was not dissapointing at all.  Those fuckers bled a lot.  Very excting fight between the two and it was surreal seeing it.  Very fucking gorey.  And the end was of course a tease and a very well recieved one.  If you are not a hard core slasher fan you still need to see this.  Support the franchises.  This is an extremely entertaing movie.  Please everyone go see this.  Keep in mind its just a slasher flick but quite possibly the slickest and most entertaining one to date.

Ghostboy

They REALLY give you an eyeful of nudity in the first fifteen minutes, but then it's absent from the rest of of the movie (except for the dead chick in the dream closet). I wish they had kept the gore-to-promiscuousness level up throughout the film, but what can you do.

Pas

Great movie ! Very entertaining, probably one of the more fun of 2003. Not enough nude chicks after the 15 minutes and the violence isn't really troubling. It's gory allright though

Banky

agree with that.  I think this is one of the top 3 most entertaining movies of the summer

nice choice for the lead

RegularKarate

Possibly the best horror sequel in over a decade.

I liked it quite a bit, from the outrageous plots to the Britany Murphy lookalike to the Jason Mewes wannabe.

The gore is fantastically fantastic... I was falling out of my seat laughing.

MacGuffin

Ronnie Yu has revitalized the slasher/gore picture and brought the dignity back to the characters, which made them so great to watch in the first place, by providing for some nice backstories of each villain and letting them do what they bloody well do best. Great fight sequences utilizing each one's strengths and weaknesses. Thank God this didn't go the way of "Halloween H2O".
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

What was wrong with Halloween H20?  I thought thatt was a pretty damn good seqeual.

MacGuffin

Quote from: BankyWhat was wrong with Halloween H20?

It was awful.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

i would expect a more detailed answer from you Macguffin

MacGuffin

Quote from: Bankyi would expect a more detailed answer from you Macguffin

I'm trying not to remember anything about that film.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

michelle williams is fuckin sweet for a duck face tho.
under the paving stones.

Banky

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Bankyi would expect a more detailed answer from you Macguffin

I'm trying not to remember anything about that film.

do you need to change your tampon?