The Official Twin Peaks Thread (TOTPT)

Started by NEON MERCURY, July 15, 2003, 03:29:03 PM

penfold0101

OMG.......i thought it was never going to happen so i stopped looking!
Season 2 is released?!??!?!  :yabbse-grin:

:ponder: is there going to be an R2 release?
Doubt i could wait if there was!
Time to do a little search for this bad boy!
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

MacGuffin

TVShowsonDVD.com Release Cover Artwork for new Twin Peaks "Definitive" Gold Box Set

TVShowsonDVD.com have released the artwork to what CBS/Paramount is calling a "Definitive" Twin Peaks Gold Box Set. While it is great news that the Pilot will finally be released in the US and remastered, one has to raise a few questions to CBS/Paramount. The number one question being "Will the Pilot be released separately for those that do not wish to buy the entire series again?" I get this question emailed to me on a regular basis and so I decided to contact CBS/Paramount to find out a few weeks back. Their response was that there were no plans at this time. Back to the new box set, one must also ask so what is it that makes this set the "Definitive" Gold Box set? Well, it seems they will be releasing the rest of the interviews that they saved over from the Season 2 box set along with some new ones that they have been shooting over the last few months. I also made a separate inquiry about whether or not they would address some of the audio issues that fans had complained about or if they would include the original 2.0 audio mixes as one would think that a "Definitive" set would include the original audio mixes. I was told that the masters were locked but the request would be "passed on" to the powers that be. Additional rumors that the Season 2 Soundtrack may be packaged with this release, but then again, if that happens, it will also b released as a stand alone CD. Finally, there has been much speculation on whether or not any of the TV Series Deleted Scenes will be included in this box set. After all we're talking about a "Definitive" Gold Box set here. Guess again. I have been told that Lynch agreed to do Deleted Scenes for this release but that CBS/Paramount, like New Line did not want to pay for the transfer costs that Lynch has requested to have the Deleted Scenes to the TV Series mastered properly. It's a sad day when you can buy a 4th Generation VHS to DVD bootleg transfer of Twin Peaks Deleted Scenes on Ebay but you can't find them anywhere on a so called "Definitive" Twin Peaks DVD set.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

fuck those greedy bastards. i'm making copies of the interviews and the damn pilot.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ravi

I don't have any of the DVDs so I will pick this up.

Ghostboy

I held out specifically for this reason. Hooray!

I hope there are some Deputy Andy extra features.  :)

modage

taz, you're gonna have to make me a copy.  :yabbse-grin:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Twin Peaks Box Set Still Under Construction
Source: Dugpa

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that I have been told that the DVD producers are still working on the Twin Peaks box set and the extras are not yet set in stone. The final specs should be out in the next few months. We truly hope that CBS/Paramount will take this opportunity to deliver a box set with extras that the fans have been asking for. Enough said.

Twin Peaks Gold Box Cover Art Pulled from TVShowsonDVD.com
Source: Dugpa

I've gotten a few emails regarding TVShowsonDVD.com pulling the golden box art for the upcoming Twin Peaks "Definitive" Gold Box Set. All of the emails I have gotten has been very negative and are declaring victory over the Gold Box art.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

The Twin Peaks Gold Box DVD set is now officially scheduled for October 30th.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7635

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

*EFFING SPOILS

Exclusive Breaking News: MADCHEN AMICK SAYS DAVID LYNCH IS WORKING ON DEFINITIVE 'TWIN PEAKS' COMPLETE SERIES DVD
Actress also lets us in on the fate of Leo and Shelly Johnson and Bobby Briggs
Source: iF Magazine

THE SKINNY: So, since CBS released the TWIN PEAKS season 2 DVD set a few months back, fans have had mixed reactions to the fact that the special features were deeply unsatisfying for many who have waited the better part of a decade for the set and the fact that the first season and the pilot are no longer in print in the US market. All of this will soon be remedied. While iF MAGAZINE was at the CBS party this evening we spoke with Madchen Amick (Shelly from TWIN PEAKS) and she told us about a definitive DVD edition that is being worked on which will have the complete series plus the pilot. Even better, this is the first DVD release where David Lynch himself is directing some of the bonus material!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

iF MAGAZINE: What's this new TWIN PEAKS DVD set you mentioned?

MADCHEN AMICK: It's the first time that David has been involved in any of the behind the scenes stuff as far as a compilation of footage or commentary by producers and directors. They were able to put together the pilot and both series that will be released. So David directed the behind the scenes stuff.

iF: So did he have you and Dana Ashbrook work together again?

AMICK: No, he only had Kyle [Maclachlan], myself, he wanted the Log Lady [Catherine Coulson] but she couldn't because something was going on with her family. He wanted it to be the four of us sitting around and reminiscing about the show.

iF: Has David ever talked with you about what happened to Shelly beyond the end of the series?

AMICK: No, because I know what happened to her. She stayed in the same damn place. [Laughs] She's still chained to Leo. She's still married to him.

iF: You don't think Leo died?

AMICK: No, I think Leo lives forever. He's handicapped and she's still taking care of him.

iF: Bobby Briggs just left her?

AMICK: He comes and goes. I think they have a little thing, but she can't quite leave her commitment to Leo.

iF: Now Bobby is just the town drunk?

AMICK: Exactly. He's fat and drunk and bald. [Laughs]

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

god i want those postcards...

fuuuuuuuuuuuck dilemma.

john

Goddammit.

Looks like my season 2 is going up for sale.

I'm holding on to season 1, though, because the DVD artwork is cooler than this Gold box will ever be.

It'll be nice to watch that pilot again, too.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks