Harry Potter And The Prizoner Of Azkaban

Started by modage, July 31, 2003, 09:57:31 AM

modage

harry potter.  alfonso cuaron.  well, i'm looking forward to it.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

I have been waiting for this one... this book is where it gets more cinematic... starts to get really good here and it's in the hands of a different director... never thought Colombus really understood what made the books good.

The Knight bus looks good

modage

my girlfriend has read all the books and she wont stop talking about them, (and how the first two were the worst and they get a lot better as far as the characters and the stories).  i liked the first movie a lot.  thought the second one was good, but not as good.  and am really looking forward to this one.  especially with cuaron onboard.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

***beady***

I can't wait for the next HP film. I loved the books, and the films were pretty cool, but they aren't a scratch on the books. Ahem, I even have some of the lego. I know thats sad, but hey, I don't care.

Yeah, the nightbus looks sweet.

BrainSushi

God damn, Emma Watson is hot. Look at Radcliffe with his arms around her in the picture... piece of shit should stay away from her. You can clearly see she's trying to get out of his arms. She's trying to run to me but Danny Boy won't let her. I would kick Dan Radcliffe in the nuts if I had the chance... then I'd be all smooth around Emma and woo her into my pants...

rustinglass

yeah, she's becoming a woman... cute as hell too.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

BrainSushi

Quote from: rat "rustinglass" bastardyeah, she's becoming a woman... cute as hell too.

Stay away from my woman, you rat bastard.

MacGuffin

Why Cuaron Won't Direct The Goblet of Fire
Source: Entertainment Weekly

At the end of July, the news broke that Mona Lisa Smile director Mike Newell is now in talks to helm the fourth film in the "Harry Potter" franchise, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Alfonso Cuaron is directing the third film, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and Entertainment Weekly caugt up with him to ask why he won't do another installment.

"It was always only 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban' for me. I never thought [seriously] about continuing," said Cuaron.

He was approached by Warner Bros. for the fourth film, but preparing "Goblet" while finishing "Azkaban' seemed too daunting. "Frankly, I'm extremely lazy," he added with an impishly smile.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

its official...

Mike Newell Confirmed for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Source: Warner Bros. Pictures Sunday, August 10, 2003

Mike Newell has agreed to direct Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, the fourth film in the smash-hit series for Warner Bros. Pictures. The announcement was made today by Jeff Robinov, President of Production, Warner Bros. Pictures. Newell most recently completed production on Mona Lisa Smile, starring Julia Roberts, and is also known for directing such critical and popular successes as Four Weddings and A Funeral, Enchanted April and Donnie Brasco.

Production on Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is scheduled to begin in England in April, 2004. David Heyman will produce and Steve Kloves will write the screenplay for the film, which is slated for release worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures in late 2005. Newell will be the first British director to helm a Harry Potter movie; the films are based on the best-selling series of books by J.K. Rowling and are set in the U.K.

The first two movies in the Harry Potter series broke worldwide records with a combined box-office gross of nearly $1.9 billion. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, the third film in the series, is currently being filmed under the direction of Alfonso Cuaron at Leavesden Studios and on location in England and Scotland. However, since the production schedules for that picture and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire will overlap, it became infeasible for the same director to oversee both projects.

"We're really happy to bring Mike on board to direct this movie," said Robinov. "He has the ability to get tremendous performances from his actors, and handles drama and comedy equally well. We've been lucky to have worked with excellent filmmakers on the first three Harry Potter movies and we are looking forward to continuing that tradition as we start on this next movie with Mike."

Agreed Heyman, "When Alfonso made the decision to focus on completing 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban,' we were faced with the daunting task of finding a director to handle the complex challenges of 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire' and to follow in the footsteps of Chris Columbus and Alfonso Cuaron. Mike's rich and diverse body of work show him to be the perfect choice. He has worked with children, made us laugh, and had us sitting on the edge of our seats. He is great with actors and imbues all his characters, all his films, with great humanity. I'm thrilled."

"I'm very excited about directing 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire,'" said Newell. "As audiences have become more familiar with both the books and the movies, there has been an increasing challenge to continue to develop each of these characters and to make their world real on the screen. It is a pleasure to follow directors Chris Columbus and Alfonso Cuaron, who have done so much to establish the tradition of Harry Potter on film, and to work with David Heyman and Steve Kloves, whose love and respect for this material have been central to the success of this enormous undertaking."

Newell, through his company Fifty Cannon Entertainment, has executive produced such films as Traffic, I Capture the Castle and High Fidelity.

A Matter Of Chance

I really can't wait for this one either. Too bad he wont do any others  :cry:

modage

Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire: The kids of "Harry Potter" were always signed for three films, but there's been a lot of speculation since 'Chamber' over whether they'll continue beyond their originally contracted tenure. Now, 'Harry' himself Daniel Radcliffe whose currently shooting the third film "Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban" has confirmed to The BBC that he will appear in the fourth film "Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire" which is expected to begin production next year for release late 2005. Concerns have been raised over the 14-year-old actor being 'too old' for the part, and some talk over money issues in the process but Radcliffe sounds committed to the franchise - "It always feels good working with Emma, Rupert, Tom (Felton, Draco Malfoy) and Matthew (Lewis, Neville Longbottom). We have become very good friends and as this is now the third film we have made together our relationships just get stronger". Radcliffe is unsure however if he or co-stars Emma Watson & Rupert Grint will do the fifth film "Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix", but he does confirm that the aforementioned Matthew Lewis will be back for 'Goblet'.

mister mister

This movie is gonna kick arse.

I hear Emma Thompson is playing Professor Trelawney.

Find Your Magali

Quote from: mister misterThis movie is gonna kick arse.

That should be interesting... Is Branagh in the movie, too? (I haven't read the books and don't know if that character makes it into the next book/film.)

That's one on-screen acting couple I'd like to see do some more work. Those two belonged together.

rustinglass

great avatar magali

that show is the shit
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

xerxes

Quote from: Find Your Magali
Quote from: mister misterThis movie is gonna kick arse.

That should be interesting... Is Branagh in the movie, too? (I haven't read the books and don't know if that character makes it into the next book/film.)

his character is not in the third one, but does pop up later in the series