AIRPLANE / THE NAKED GUN / HOT SHOTS

Started by modage, June 03, 2003, 12:30:42 PM

SHAFTR

So today I got to hear a lecture from Jim Abrahams about the rules of comedy.  It was very funny and the lecture was small so it seem personalized.  Sitting behind me (whose hand I shook) was his daughter, she might attend the school next year.  Wow, was she attractive.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

MacGuffin

Quote from: SHAFTRSitting behind me (whose hand I shook) was his daughter, she might attend the school next year.  Wow, was she attractive.

Did you ask her: Ever seen a grown man naked?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

you like - movies about gladiators?

you ever hang out at the gymnasium?

unnecessary but i couldnt resist...

SHAFTR

we watched that clip though.

We saw some scenes of Airplane compared to the same scenes in Zero Hour.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: ewardyou like - movies about gladiators?

you ever hang out at the gymnasium?

unnecessary but i couldnt resist...

You forgot, "Have you even been in a Turkish prison?"

Or was that Airplane II?

Finn

I loved Naked Gun but particularly Airplane.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

meatwad

top secret.

it's all about Chocolate Mouse

Myxo

Quote from: themodernage02which one of these Jim Abrahams/David Zucker (although Hot Shots was technically Abrahams/Pat Proft), collaborations made your favorite series?

AIRPLANE & AIRPLANE II

NAKED GUN: FROM THE FILES OF POLICE SQUAD! & NAKED GUN 2 1/2: THE SMELL OF FEAR & NAKED GUN 33 1/3: THE FINAL INSULT

HOT SHOTS & HOT SHOTS: PART DEUX

feel free to make this a poll.  (if you hate all of these, you suck).

I think my signature says it all.

modage

Naked Gun Creators Making Balls Of Courage
Source: Hollywood Reporter Tuesday, June 29, 2004

The Hollywood Reporter posted the following:

"Spoofmeisters Jim Abrahams and Pat Proft have set up "Balls of Courage" at Universal Pictures. The two will write the screenplay, which Abrahams will direct.

Exact details are being kept under wraps, but the comedy will tackle various genres of film, particularly those of the high-testosterone action genre."
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.