Michael

Started by wilder, November 25, 2011, 03:39:25 AM

wilder

Michael describes 10-year-old Wolfgang and the 35-year-old Michael's involuntary life together.

Written and Directed by Markus Schleinzer
Trailer
IMDB

72teeth

QuoteEDITED OUT SPOILER  - Spoiler Police

Spoiler?
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Jeremy Blackman

Umm, alright, I edited it out, but you can re-edit your post to whatever you want. For all I know, that plot point is not an important part of the movie.

About the spoiler tagging feature... yeah, it doesn't really work. We've gone into the permissions and given all members permission to view AND create spoiler tags. I double checked just now. It's just bugged, I guess.

wilder

UK Blu-ray from Artificial Eye on May 28, 2012

US DVD from Strand Releasing on May 12, 2012

wilder

One of the best movies I've seen in a couple years. It's on Netflix instant right now.

chere mill

not one of the best films i've seen in a couple years, but it's very good. quite reminiscent of michael haneke in visual style, pacing, and tone. it succeeds in analysing extreme subject matter without falling into exploitation, at least until...

SPOILERS

the ending is a misstep. the filmmaker takes the easy way out of this difficult, uncompromising material and...well, compromises. the car crash is a cheap device to pass judgement from the filmmaker onto his subject, and perhaps as a way to give the audience what they really want. the monster is dead, the horror is over, and we can feel better knowing michael's ultimate demise was just around the corner. it's the only simple-minded segment of an otherwise strong piece of work which makes the overall, final film a bit disappointing. situations this troubling and difficult can not be solved by a simple car crash.

END SPOILERS

otherwise, highly recommended.