The XIXAX Captions

Started by Finn, December 20, 2003, 10:24:20 AM

Finn

What do yall think of the short captions under the director's names and other topics? I like the one under PTA that says, "He's not very food but we love him anyway". I also like the new one under the Coen Brothers and Idle Chatter just seems to get better each time it's changed.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Xixax

Big change is ahead for Xixax in general...

Stay tuned for an all new Xixax, version 2004!

(Don't worry - it's not going to be like the Windows XP thing a few days ago)
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

©brad

Quote from: XIXAXBig change is ahead for Xixax in general...

i'm excited!

mogwai

©brad

i hate those message boards.

mogwai

i really want to tell the mod/admins to change that style to more of ours. but i don't want to because i shouldn't care.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Forums kind of suck, not very user friendly of an interface...blech.

Xixax is formed in a good way, ezboards and proboards, although free and eay to make, suck the nuts of a coyote.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

molly

Quote from: aClockworkWalrusForums kind of suck, not very user friendly of an interface...blech.

Xixax is formed in a good way, ezboards and proboards, although free and eay to make, suck the nuts of a coyote.

ha?

MacGuffin

What Mr. XIXAX is not letting on is that the message board will now look like this.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

Quote from: MacGuffinWhat Mr. XIXAX is not letting on is that the message board will now look like this.
That's when I start firebombing.

©brad

Quote from: MacGuffin

What Mr. XIXAX is not letting on is that the message board will now look like this.

most of those crazed ain't it cool nerds give me headaches.but a couple of them know what they're talking about. like this guy:

Quote from: some guy over at AICNI understand why so many people blanch at (and/or flame) these reviews which have been filled with so much hyperbolae. But I think the blanchers and flamers (and some of the reviewers, certainly<g>) are missing an important point. Watching a movie (or reading a book for that matter) is almost *exactly* like being hypnotized. It requires willing participation, or at least a suspension of hostility. If you are absolutely determined to prove that these films are no big deal, and that all the rabid fans are just slobbering idiots, then that's the film experience you are going to have. Similarly, if you already know it's the greatest cinematic achievement of all time, THAT's the experience you are going to have. I would say that both sorts of people are probably cheated a bit (although the second sort is going to have a much better time). If you go in to the experience with an open mind, or at worst a modest bias in either direction, then the film has a chance to work on you. A great movie will pull you in, suspend your disbelief, give you chills and do whatever great movies do for you. A bad one will continually drop you back in your seat. In order for either of these things to happen, you need to make yourself "available" to the movie. That's what I try to do. (With these movies it's damn hard<g>.) There are always objective things you can say about the movie (I saw strings on the spaceships or whatever), but they often miss the point. One last thing I would like to touch on is that people have very different "capacities" for appreciating art in its various forms. That is partly due to upbringing and experience, and partly due to education and training. It's a bit of a mystery. I, for example, seem to be able to get much more enjoyment out of music than most people. I do not mean to imply that I am smarter or deeper or more sensitive or anything like that. Listening to music is just a very vivid experience for me for some reason. Paintings, on the other hand, leave me pretty cold. I could walk right past Van Gogh's (sp) Daisies without a second glance, while the next person could stare at it transfixed for hours or write a book abouot it. That is my loss and their gain. (Hmm, gotta work on that). My capacity to enjoy films is probably about average or a hair larger. Yikes, I am rambling. Time to close it up. My point is that a lot of the people in these forums probably have a very large "capacity" to enjoy films, so their reactions may seem very outlandish to others. I know people look at me sideways when I tell them that listening to The Magic Garden by The 5th Dimension is utterly absorbing, and the album is just as good as Sgt. Pepper, but it is. For me.

we should invite him to xixax. how do u do that w/o it sounding too spamish?

Quotewe should invite him to xixax. how do u do that w/o it sounding too spamish?

i was thinking the same thing while i was reading!  
guy has a point. a thing as polished as that came out of a talkbacker...  man, i oughta start posting more.
context, context, context.

Gamblour.

We should just send him a series of emails, the first just says "X"...then "I"...
WWPTAD?

Vile5

Quote from: XIXAX(Don't worry - it's not going to be like the Windows XP thing a few days ago)
thanks god!
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

Sigur Rós

Quote from: mogwaithe new look will be like this.

It's definately got a vintage quality to it.