Let the Sunshine In

Started by wilder, November 19, 2017, 03:57:04 PM

wilder

Isabelle, Parisian artist, divorced mother, is looking for love, true love, at last.

Directed by Claire Denis
Written by Claire Denis & Christine Angot
Starring Juliette Binoche
Release Date - TBD

jenkins

QuoteNOTEBOOK: I saw Claire Denis's new film, Let the Sun Shine In, yesterday, and it felt like her version of a Hong Sang-soo film.

HONG: [laughs] Another interviewer mentioned that. I haven't seen it yet.

NOTEBOOK: I only mention it because in an interview for the film she said she told her screenwriter, Christine Angot, "We don't have much time. We don't have much of a budget. Let's film your words." That approach is out of the ordinary for her but pretty typical for you. Especially in the recent films, your characters barely exist outside of conversation.

samsong

howling into the void...

terrible american title (i'm not sure the french title is that much better.) but another great, great film from claire denis.  like phantom thread, denis uses movie romances, specifically rom coms, as a springboard from which to dive into a complex study of love and relationships.  as delightfully mercurial as certified copy.  the use of dialogue is revelatory.  juliette binoche slays as usual.  agnes godard is my favorite cinematographer.  ADORED this movie.  new favorite of the year so far.

BB

Not the void! I don't post a lot but see things based on what people from here recommend all the time. I was already going to see this but I will see this!