Muse.

Started by cron, April 11, 2004, 11:07:09 AM

What do you think of this band?  I've only heard their last album, Absolution, but I've heard that their previous albums are better...
context, context, context.

Sigur Rós

Absolution is their best one. Showbiz is ok as well - a couple of good songs like: Fillip, showbiz, muscle museum. Origin of Symmetry is not a great album but there are some ok songs like Citizen Erased.

I'm definately gonna see them at this years Roskilde Fest.

Gamblour.

I started off with Absolution, and I loved it. Then I moved on to Showbiz and Origin of Symmetry. Origin is just absolutely incredible and actually diminished my love for Absolution. I know they're different, and as a whole Origin is basically the same song many times, but damn I do love that sound they have on that album. Those notes he hits on Micro Cuts are just unreal.

I'm also digging the b-sides on Hullabaloo, they're groovy and just great songs. Matthew Bellamy is a genius.
WWPTAD?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Has anyone heard their new single "Supermassive Black Hole"?

It's all I've heard on the new album so far, but holy shit does it suck.  I hope it's not indicative of the rest of the album.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pozer

I like their other single a lot.

Gamblour.

hmmm. it's pretty bad. Like some weird, sexy dance song, but not good. The guitar solo was awesome, but that's it.
WWPTAD?

Sigur Rós

New album leaked...

Gamblour.

And it's pretty eh, I think it will take me a while to get into it. All I hear are different versions of songs on previous albums, but I think that's a problem I have with new, unfamiliar material. "Assassin" is fucking amazing, though. The lyrics are political, therefore extremely boring and repetitive. I mean, those opening lyrics are a bit melodramatic. "Starlight" reminds a bit of The Strokes, but it's pretty nice. I hate album titles are things that are "This and That" like "Butterflies and Hurricanes" or that Blink 182 guy's clothes line "Angels and Airwaves".

WWPTAD?