sigur ros & mogwai

Started by abbey road, May 20, 2003, 11:21:23 AM

Pubrick

Quote from: Christian on June 10, 2011, 03:13:28 PM

is your posting of this to be taken as an endoresement and a mark of their return to form?

i'm about to steal their discography (again, in better quality) and will probably be skipping the hawk one.
under the paving stones.

mogwai

Quote from: Pubrick on July 07, 2011, 07:38:28 AM
Quote from: Christian on June 10, 2011, 03:13:28 PM

is your posting of this to be taken as an endoresement and a mark of their return to form?

i'm about to steal their discography (again, in better quality) and will probably be skipping the hawk one.

I dunno, 50/50, the one half is mostly because that's their first tv performance in 13 years! :shock: And the half is the pride I feel watching them on a tv show. Anyways, if you want to know some uninteresting trivia about the drummer. That's James Hamilton from the electronic band Errors (signed on Mogwai's own label Rock Action Records). He was substituting the original drummer Martin Bulloch during their recent US tour.

Pubes, download "Hawk" for the sake of it. Lemme me know what you think of it. Thanks.

Jeremy Blackman

Reel

Remember that user here named Mogwai? What a character that guy was! How come he gets to post if he's registered as a guest, what makes him so special? Anyways, good riddance with that dude. To quote the David Lynch song 'I'm so glad he's gone...'

Jeremy Blackman

Reel

I know, I was just joshin'

mogwai

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on July 07, 2011, 11:53:17 AM
Hawk isn't that bad...

It has grown on me since my wee diss of the album. Batcat is without a doubt the best song on the album. But on a overall observation there are too many slow songs. That's why I think their recent album is a step up from moody to almost pop songs. :shock:

Jeremy Blackman

Reel

uck, go to hell, Shia. Trying to be all "deep." I seriously haven't liked him in anything I've seen besides 'Even Stevens.' He should stick to comedy, funny kid.

The video was pretty lame until those dude's busted in ( I'm guessing they're part of the band? )
I'd never listened to Sigur Ros before, so that's what it is, eh? Mainly just instrumentation? That's cool, I mean what's not to like about it? I couldn't see myself getting into them unless I was going through an introspective phase, though.

Pubrick

I am not going to watch that video for fear of ruining sigur ros.

Reelist if you've seen the life aquatic, vanilla sky or mysterious skin then you've listened to sigur ros, probly cried to them too.
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

E: Apparently the post I was responding to was deleted...

Yeah that song is a bit weak, but they've done some mindblowing things in the past. Give them a chance!

This remains one of my most favoritest albums ever:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%28_%29

And if you want something more poppy, see Ágætis byrjun.

tpfkabi

I am trying to think of a band that I think Mogwai fans may know.

They were/are? experimental. I think they have elements of ambient and industrial. At least active in the early 2000s and probably 90s. They put out CD-Rs in addition to albums through a label. Pitchfork covered them. They must have broken up or been on hiatus for a long time. I think the name is one word. That's all I got. =)
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

mogwai

Erm...

Tortoise?
Envy?
Beatles?

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks