The Corporation

Started by DigitalFriend, July 23, 2004, 10:41:57 AM

DigitalFriend

Just caught this one, another fine documentary in my opinion...

www.thecorporation.com

Neat logo too.

coffeebeetle

Thanks Bobby.  Very cool.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Ghostboy

It is very cool, if quite unfocused and a bit too long. I personally didn't mind the length too much, but the film goes far past the realm of making and proving a point and starts to just provide more, more and more information. All of which I found interesting and pertinent and fueled my own strong anti-corporate sentiment, but which may wear down people who aren't already aware of the evils of corporations who need to be won over. Still, very much worth seeing.

pete

I got the book (and again a t-shirt) from work, the book too, rambles on.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

pete

I finally saw it last night, the film was actually way more focused than the book, but there were still quite a few scenes that I didn't think that many people cared about, for example, when the corporations wanted to take over the white house with general butler as their leader--I don't think anyone in the theater gave a shit, I remember reading that story in the book and not caring, and when it came on screen I was like "oh no."  oh well, still a very good, very inspiring movie I guess.
I did fall asleep for a few minutes though.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton