New DGG film (The Secret Life of Bees)

Started by Ernie, July 04, 2004, 08:28:40 PM

Ernie

Hey heyyyy everyone....everybody's probably heard about this already but I didn't find anything posted or whatever so I figured I'd post it myself. Believe it or not, there seems to be a third DGG film going into pre-production along with Dunces and Undertow.......

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416212/combined

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Ernie

Wow, it's very unofficial, but it seems he is ALSO set to adapt a book called "Goat" by Brad Land for the screen. It's apparently about a Clemson University hazing ritual gone terribly wrong. It'll be released by Killer Films but probably not until late 2006-early 2007.

I for one can't believe this guy might end up having 4 films in different stages of production simultaneously. I mean, that's pretty rare if you ask me. I'm very very pleased to see him working so hard.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: ebeamanWow, it's very unofficial, but it seems he is ALSO set to adapt a book called "Goat" by Brad Land for the screen. It's apparently about a Clemson University hazing ritual gone terribly wrong.

from the grapevine

i think i know this goat story...its a frat thang........i herd [get it herd] that to get in a certian frat they grab all the pledges[lil frat boyz] and gather them out in a field ..and theres this sensitive, shy, and nomadic goat just chilling and eating grass....and the head frat guy tells the young ones that.."like dude, if you want to be cool and join are frat you gots to fuck dat goat".....of course the pledges just look around in horror at each other and at the goat.....then after some soul searching one of the guys actaully drops his pants[abercrombie most likely.. cargo]......and gets primed and ready for some loving with that goat.........this is where the proverbial 'twist' comes in ..............anyone who doesnt do the deed gets to join the frat while the guy who did do it are not accepted into the frat...and plus its not sure if he/they really screwed the goat  or if they were about to do it but didnt ...[cue x-files theme music].............................wierd aint it???..............

but as for the premise of a DGG film..........hes got a great sceneic eye and a meditative flow/visual style..........so he could capture the rural pastures execellent............

..............................ideology

tpfkabi

ebeaman, i thought that you disappeared.
looking around imdb i found that Undertow was shown at Cannes.
i'm sure it was already discussed here, but i just found out.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.