Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Started by MacGuffin, February 17, 2003, 02:42:48 AM

MacGuffin

Rising son shines on 'Indy'
LaBeouf may become Ford's kin
Source: Variety

Indy, you're a dad.

Shia LaBeouf is in final talks to star in Steven Spielberg's "Indiana Jones 4" as the son of the adventuresome archaeologist to be played once again by Harrison Ford.

Spielberg and George Lucas' Lucasfilm, which is producing "Indiana 4" for Paramount, are keeping the storyline under tight wraps. David Koepp ("Spider-Man") penned the script.

Neither Par nor Lucasfilm would confirm that talks are under way with LaBeouf.

Spielberg is set to begin lensing "Indiana Jones 4" in June. Pic, which resurrects the lucrative franchise after nearly 20 years, is set to unspool May 22, 2008, taking advantage of the Memorial Day holiday.

LaBeouf stars in two upcoming DreamWorks pics, "Disturbia" and summer tentpole "Transformers." Thesp also provides the lead voice in Sony's upcoming toon "Surf's Up!"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Derek

Shia says he hasn't been cast in Indy...

http://www.joblo.com/shia-says-no-indy

Start date is only two months away, so I suppose we'll know for sure soon.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

MacGuffin

Blanchett on crusade to 'Indiana Jones 4'
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Cate Blanchett has signed on to star in the fourth installment of the "Indiana Jones" adventures.

Harrison Ford already has boarded the project, which will be produced by Lucasfilm and directed by Steven Spielberg.

With David Koepp's screenplay shrouded in secrecy, it is unclear what character Blanchett will play. However, sources said the Oscar-winning actress has landed a starring role.

Shooting will begin in June in Los Angeles and at undisclosed locations around the world. Paramount Pictures will release "Indy 4" day-and-date around the world on May 22, 2008, with a handful of territories opening the following day.

Frank Marshall is producing, with George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy executive producing.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Indy IV Title Buzz
Has the sequel's name been revealed?

With Indiana Jones IV slated to go before cameras this June for a summer 2008 release, the other big question besides casting -- i.e., is Shia LeBeouf going to play Indy's son or not? -- is what the long-in-development sequel will be called.

A slew of titles have been rumored over the years, depending on what tale the project's then-screenwriter had concocted. Now EmpireOnline.com claims it has heard what the filmmakers -- including director Steven Spielberg, exec producer George Lucas and Paramount Pictures -- have in mind for the final title.

And that new rumored title is ... Indiana Jones And The City Of Gods.

The site had no explanation for the title's significance, but it certainly has the same pulp flavor of the franchise's past installments.

Skeleton FilmWorks

A Matter Of Chance

is indiana jones immortal? since he drank from the holy grail?

MacGuffin

Quote from: A Matter Of Chance on March 19, 2007, 04:57:07 PM
is indiana jones immortal? since he drank from the holy grail?

Once he passed The Great Seal, the power was lost.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffin on March 19, 2007, 03:44:58 PM

quick someone do a mash up of indy chasing that chicken.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

Quote from: Pubrick on March 21, 2007, 04:22:48 AM
Quote from: MacGuffin on March 19, 2007, 03:44:58 PM

quick someone do a mash up of indy chasing that chicken.

This'll have to do for now...

My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

"Throw me the idol, I'll throw you the chick."

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Winstone digging in for 'Indy 4'
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Ray Winstone is joining the expedition for the fourth installment of the Indiana Jones adventures.

The actor, who stars as the title character in Robert Zemeckis' upcoming "Beowulf," has signed on for a major role in the untitled film being referred to as "Indy 4."

Although the film's plot is being closely guarded, sources said Winstone will play star Harrison Ford's sidekick.

Cate Blanchett already has boarded the project -- to be produced by Lucasfilm and directed by Steven Spielberg -- in an undisclosed starring role.

David Koepp penned the screenplay for "Indy 4," which is scheduled to begin filming in June in Los Angeles and at top-secret locations around the world.

Paramount Pictures will release the film day-and-date worldwide May 22, 2008, with a handful of territories opening the following day.

Frank Marshall is producing, with George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy executive producing.

London-born Winstone, who played Jack Nicholson's partner in crime in the best picture Oscar winner "The Departed," most recently appeared in Anthony Minghella's "Breaking and Entering." His credits also include "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe," "Cold Mountain" and "Sexy Beast."

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

George Lucas on Indiana Jones 4!
Source: USA Today

Indiana Jones 4 producer George Lucas talked to USA Today about the highly-anticipated film, to be directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Harrison Ford and Cate Blanchett.

Lucas told the newspaper that shooting begins in Los Angeles this June and then it's on to several top-secret global destinations. Lucas teased that one will include a waterfall.

Lucas said that Ford's age (64) won't be a problem. "He's not running in any of the movies. He's either on a horse or driving a car or a motorcycle. And he'll play his age in this movie with what's appropriate. The chases are more suspenseful than speedy. Like the rolling ball in the first film — it's not that he's running that fast, it's that there's a giant ball coming at him. And he will get beat up, which is a tradition for us."

Lucas, who also is in pre-production on a "bare-bones, action-heavy" "Star Wars" live-action TV series, said there'll still be plenty of action in "Indy 4," the official title of which he hopes to keep under wraps until the first trailer hits theaters around Thanksgiving.

Sean Connery has yet to sign on as Indiana's father, Dr. Henry Jones, but Lucas said, "We're still trying."

It wasn't his idea to cast Blanchett as Ford's new leading lady, he added. "That's who my director wanted, and I always bow to the wishes of my director," Lucas said of Spielberg. "I approved it because she seemed like a good idea. When I met her at the Academy Awards, I told her, 'Hey, you work for me now!'"

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Quote from: MacGuffin on April 05, 2007, 01:09:20 AM
It wasn't his idea to cast Blanchett as Ford's new leading lady, he added. "That's who my director wanted, and I always bow to the wishes of my director," Lucas said of Spielberg. "I approved it because she seemed like a good idea. When I met her at the Academy Awards, I told her, 'Hey, you work for me now!'"

Good lord, George Lucas is an ass.
My house, my rules, my coffee

picolas

Quote from: polkablues on April 05, 2007, 02:00:18 AM
Good lord, George Lucas is an ass.
yes but in an unintentional, nervous, sad and low self-esteem kind of way. not ego-driven.

modage

CONFIRMED.

Shia LaBeouf tapped for 'Indy 4' role
Source: USA Today

Shia LaBeouf, the 20-year-old actor who stars in this summer's Transformers action thriller, has signed to co-star alongside Harrison Ford in the fourth Indiana Jones movie.

LaBeouf, whose Rear Window-style thriller Disturbia opens Friday is perhaps best known for his boyhood roles in Holes and the TV comedy Even Stevens. He has been the subject of speculation as an addition to the sequel's cast but was forbidden by director Steven Spielberg and producer George Lucas from revealing it until now.

"Up until about two weeks ago, it was little more than a rumor," he says. "Literally, when I was saying, 'I don't know anything,' I didn't know anything. It was an act of faith. I have not read a script. I don't think anybody has."
FIND MORE STORIES IN: Shiite | Steven Spielberg | George Lucas | Harrison Ford | Indiana Jones | Indiana Jones series | Disturbia

Spielberg said in an e-mailed statement: "Shia has extraordinary range. I think of him as 'the young man for all seasons."

Online fans are guessing Indiana Jones will have a son for this go-round, but LaBeouf says he can't confirm such plot points. Even the time-setting for the movie is a secret. "I can tell you I'm sort of the sidekick character, obviously," he says. "I'm sure there are a lot of laughs at my expense, and some kind of creature crawling on me."

LaBeouf adds, "It's not going to be Short Round, all grown up," a reference to the fast-talking little kid from 1984's Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

The actor, who was born in 1986, says he first saw the films when he was a little kid in the early '90s after his father bought them on VHS. "We sat down and ran through them in a day."

Between this film and Transformers, LaBeouf knows he is taking on some icons of 1980s childhood. LaBeouf is hosting this weekend's Saturday Night Live, and they're considering a sketch making fun of "how I've stolen the thirtysomethings' kid dreams."

The long-planned fourth movie starts shooting this summer and is set for release May 22, 2008. Updates will post periodically on IndianaJones.com.

When he met Lucas recently at Spielberg's offices on the Universal lot, LaBeouf says he brimmed with questions but hit a wall of secrecy, even about the relic Jones will be pursuing.

"Lucas looks at you and says simply, 'I can't tell you that,' " LaBeouf says. "Then when he thinks he is supposed to tell you something but isn't sure, he gets up and leaves the room, goes in to talk with Spielberg and comes back and says, 'Nope. Sorry.' "
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.