Why, God, why?!? - Films That Should Not Get The Greenlight

Started by MacGuffin, February 07, 2003, 03:31:47 AM

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Kal

Quote from: StefenDon't call it industry.

thats what everyone calls it... thats what it is... talk about independent films and say whatever you want... hollywood is an industry

MacGuffin

*<----------------- Obvious "Adaptation" reference

*<------------------ andyk's head
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Kal

MacGuffin

Cedric the Entertainer Goes Back to School
Source: The Hollywood Reporter

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Cedric the Entertainer will star in MGM's remake of the Rodney Dangerfield comedy Back to School. David Ronn and Jay Scherick are writing the script.

The new version will be based loosely on the 1986 Orion Pictures comedy, which grossed 91.3 million domestically. Co-written by Dangerfield, the film followed the exploits of a fun-loving businessman who enrolls in college alongside his disheartened son to help him get through school.

Cedric can currently be seen in Johnson Family Vacation and is shooting MGM's Be Cool, the sequel to Get Shorty. He next appears in Paramount Pictures' Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events and will also star in Paramount's remake of The Honeymooners.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Chest Rockwell

A remake of Back to School? And I thought It was already good enough as-is. Silly me. I should have known it needed a nice refreshing splurge of black comedy.

Sleuth

I think they should have a part where they sing along to an 8 month old rap song
I like to hug dogs

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MacGuffinCedric the Entertainer Goes Back to School
Source: The Hollywood Reporter

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Cedric the Entertainer will star in MGM's remake of the Rodney Dangerfield comedy Back to School. David Ronn and Jay Scherick are writing the script.

.thats stupid to even call this a remake....why not just take the basic plot of 'back to school' and make it accessible to the same audience who would see 'barbershop'.and that way they could call it their 'own'......b/c its not like someone there who sees this is going to be like ."yo dog!! peep this  sh*t, cedric is paying homage to rodney dangerfield in this movie."............

just like the 'remake' of cant buy me love........i doubt the audience knew the original.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: themodernage02like Johnson Family Vacation?

fo sheezy!

FeloniousFunk

WOLFGANG PETERSEN CONFIRMED IN THE REMAKE OF 'BULLITT'
Source: Variety
Date: June 11, 2004, 10:52 am

Variety confirms that "Troy" director Wolfgang Petersen and Warner Bros. are in fact planning to remake the 1968 hit Steve McQueen drama "Bullitt."

The crime caper, centered on tough-guy detective Frank Bullitt, will be contemporized by Cynthia Mort, who scripted drama "The Brave One" for WB and producer Joel Silver as well as "F*ck Me Please," a Pariah-produced hour pilot for HBO about sex and relationships.

Radiant Prods.' Petersen and Diana Rathbun will produce the pic along with Peter Vincent Douglas. Radiant's Sam Dickerman will exec produce, and Chad McQueen, the late actor's son, will be a co-producer.

The New York Post had originally printed the story in their 'Page Six' column back in November of last year. In the article, Brad Pitt was mentioned as being interested in starring in the remake.

The remakes keep on comin'...