Kevin Smith's Jersey Girl

Started by SHAFTR, February 04, 2003, 12:27:25 PM

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Bankyhahah i know i know that what is it from?

EDIT:Nevermind i realized what site im on

Of course! It's Boogie Nights!

Banky

Jersey Girl News Courtesy of NewsAskew.com

Not only that, he calls it Kevin's best movie as well! Two great quotes
from a Q&A that Ben did with E! Online that bring great praise to Kevin and Jersey Girl (One and Two here if you wanna view them onsite):

Q: The few who've seen it know what you mean. But you and Jennifer are trying again next year, in Kevin Smith's Jersey Girl.

A: Jersey Girl is a beautiful, beautiful movie. It's easily my best performance. It's a wonderful, grown-up, intelligent, classic Hollywood movie. Jennifer's in the first 15 minutes of the movie, but I think it's going to demonstrate that, really, Gigli was about the movie didn't work. But this movie is gonna be me and Jen, and it really, really works.

Q: Jersey Girl is, like, the fourth or fifth movie you've made with Kevin.

A: I think it's Kevin's best movie by far. He did take the risk to go beyond his fan base. He's very comfortable in that teen genre--he knows how to make that audience laugh. He does very well touring colleges with his stand-up shtick. He really does do stand-up, it's embarrassing. But he took a step forward, and he's a little nervous that fans are going to hate this movie. But I think he'll broaden his audience. Jersey Girl is more honest to where he is in life now than, y'know, Jay and Silent Bob saying "Snoochie Boochies."

Having seen the film, we couldn't say that better. While Jersey Girl is defintitely Kevin's biggest departure yet from the Askewniverse type of films, we think you'll all enjoy the way Kevin's taking a new direction with this film. Remember, the last big departure was "Chasing Amy" -- And we all love that one, don't we? In a few more months, you'll all finally be able to see for yourselves! And don't worry, die-hard fans, there will always be plenty of "Snoogans" and whatnot in the cartoons and comics to come. We already can't wait to see what Kevin decides to do with his next project.

Raikus

Even though I think Jersey Girl will be a very good movie, Affleck's claim about it being his best performance ever doesn't hold much water. He says that about nearly every movie.

By the way, Phantoms will be airing on UPN in the near future.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Banky

JG Trailer Now Up!

head over to www.newsaskew.com to check it out

edit: man this flick looks really promising and i have a feeling that it will really deliver.  Maybe it will even sway some minds on this board that think Smith is just a one note writer/director

Gamblour.

I laughed at the bottle joke, but otherwise it looks like another "Gee Kids Say the Darndest Things" with a precocious 8 year old. I mean, I'm not judging or getting any preconceived ideas (that's for you P), but I don't really think to highly of Smith in the first place. I'm interested to see how Smith has changed.
WWPTAD?

"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

Jeremy Blackman

Yeah, this looks really really pathetically bad.

Gloria

I know I'm in the minority here, but I didn't think it looked that bad.  I mean, it looked simple and cute.  I'm not really a big fan of Ben Affleck either, but I think it looks charming.  I'd see it.

Banky

the trailer is supposed to be misleading because it is actually a some what raunchy hard pg13

have faith this one will be good

Sleuth

Raunchy hard, cool, he truly is exploring new areas
I like to hug dogs

Banky

yeah he is.  All of his other movies were hard R's.  This movie is a hard pg -13 which is in a totally different realm and it is obviously a much more serious and personal film

Pedro

Quote from: Brodieyeah he is.  All of his other movies were hard R's.  This movie is a hard pg -13 which is in a totally different realm
yes, in R raunchy he's allowed to say "fuck" more

Alethia

when will it be available for quicktime???

SHAFTR

i'll be there opening night.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

cine

If Chasing Amy didn't prove it, this movie will prove that Kevin Smith can write.