The trailer is up now...here it is......it's an early promo trailer

either go here and find it

http://www.movie-list.com/trailers.php?id=jerseygirl

or this is a direct link

I really dug it.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Just Withnail

What the hell? That trailer made it look awful. It may just be my disliking towards Affleck, but I thought it looked terrible. Didn't seem like Smith had brought anything of his own into it, he did write it, right? Nothing in this sounded very Smithish to me.

modage

the opening line about george michael or whatever sounded like him.  so did the jokes about showing each other their private parts.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

mutinyco

It simply looks like his first grown-up movie, that's all.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

ShanghaiOrange

My problem with Kevin Smith: none of his movies deserve to be movies. Directorally, Smith doesn't really do anything interesting. They'd all work better as comic books. :(

He's an okay writer though. :(
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

SHAFTR

the trailer has been removed b/c it wasn't an official 'trailer' just a promo that was used a few months ago.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Banky

new website

http://www.miramax.com/jersey_girl/index.html

Ben had to say this in an interview

Have you seen Jersey Girl yet?

I have.
Are you concerned about the delays?

The short answer is no. I've seen the movie and it's maybe my favorite movie that I've ever made. I really dig this one, this is great but Jersey Girl is beautiful and really an incredibly wonderful story. What I think will be interesting is the fact that Jen is in about the first 10 or 15 minutes and I think it will go to show really that what it comes down to is that the movie works or it doesn't. Gigli was the Ishtar of our times because it didn't work and it had a lot of attention. I do nothing small. If it fails, I go down in flame of glory. I'm like the guy who calls in artillery on his own position, like "F*ck it, bring it, send it in, we're over-run."

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Banky

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Banky

Gamblour.

Quote from: That Genius Ben AffleckThe short answer is no. I've seen the movie and it's maybe my favorite movie that I've ever made. I really dig this one, this is great but Jersey Girl is beautiful and really an incredibly wonderful story. What I think will be interesting is the fact that Jen is in about the first 10 or 15 minutes and I think it will go to show really that what it comes down to is that the movie works or it doesn't. Gigli was the Ishtar of our times because it didn't work and it had a lot of attention. I do nothing small. If it fails, I go down in flame of glory. I'm like the guy who calls in artillery on his own position, like "F*ck it, bring it, send it in, we're over-run."

Reminds me of this: "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
WWPTAD?

Banky

hahah i know i know that what is it from?

EDIT:Nevermind i realized what site im on

MacGuffin

Clerks: Test footage from the upcoming "Clerks" animated feature from ViewAskew is now online here.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks