modage

eww, gross...

Title: Lost in Translation
Starring: Scarlett Johansson
Released:
3rd February 2004
SRP: $26.98

Further Details
Universal have sent over the artwork for the release of Lost in Translation which stars Scarlett Johansson and Bill Murray. I'm afraid details on this one are still sketchy at present although we do know that we the disc will be available to own from the 3rd February next year. Retail is set at $26.98. The film itself will be presented in 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen and you should also expect both Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS tracks. We'll bring you more details as we get them but for now here's a sneak peak at the artwork.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

picolas

i'm not one for vomiting, but

Ghostboy

It could be worse...but man, of all the quotes on all the ads, I always hated that one the most.

If Criterion released this, they'd use the first shot as the cover.

ono

They totally need to use Jeremy Blackman's old avatar of Murray sipping whiskey, or better yet, the opening shot of Charlotte lying on the bed.  Hehe, well, maybe for the inside sleeve or something.  :-P  But seriously, ew.  This cover is just bad.  This movie SCREAMS (light) purples and (soft) pinks for some reason, and they have it bathed in brown here.  It doesn't work.  Plus, it's way too arty a film to have just this boring shot from the film itself.  I know there was a big hubbub about PDL's artwork, and most people were satisfied in the end, so this may be a moot point.  But still, sometimes I wonder what companies are thinking.  What bothers me, really, I think, is this cover is just too loud for the kind of movie it is.  It needs to be more subtle and reserved and tasteful.  Hence my pastel recommendation.

SHAFTR

I think something like this works better.  Her character is just as important.

or

"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

ono

That second one would be perfect if it weren't for that unworkable distance between them.  Of course, that's also a theme in the film.  Ooh, I'm on fire tonight.  :-P

MacGuffin

DVD Specs:

Universal plans to release Focus Films' Lost in Translation on February 3rd (SRP $26.98 ). Extras will include the Found in Conversation featurette with Bill Murray and director Sofia Coppola, deleted scenes, and an extended scene ("Matthew's Best Hit TV").
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Redlum

As usual its on dvd before its in uk cinemas.  :roll:
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

coffeebeetle

This is really really great news.  Although I kinda wish they'd use the scene of the two of them lying on the bed (that great overhead shot)...this layout sucks donkey nuts, that's a given.  And the lettering...blech.  It's like they're screaming blockbuster or something, when (like an earlier post said) it's a quiet film and should be marketed that way. Oh well.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

tpfkabi

so you don't like that poster of Murray on the bed? i really love that as the poster. i don't know about it as a DVD cover. i think the cover would be better if you saw more of the green and purple lights of the city (i think it chops off some of it)......i looked at the Soundtrack and it has the first shot (i guess that's the first shot....from what i've heard..the film hasn't come close to me so i won't see it until it comes to DVD)
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

SHAFTR

When are the Oscar noms announced?

MacGuffin

Quote from: SHAFTRWhen are the Oscar noms announced?

January 27th, 2004. Ceremony on February 29, 2004.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SHAFTR

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: SHAFTRWhen are the Oscar noms announced?

January 27th, 2004. Ceremony on February 29, 2004.

I expect a delayed release and new coverart.

Pubrick

yeah, this is goddamn brilliant. sofia is better than jonze, and man did she diss him good.

i didn't expect such a great ass shot. that automatically made it better than i expected.

amazing incredible stuff. and that's just her face.
under the paving stones.

analogzombie

looks like it really was all based on Sofia's relationship with Spike, they are getting divorced. And has anyone heard that the blonde annoying American actress is suppose to be Cameron Diaz?

I would really hope the DVD gets a commentary or more extras than they are talking about. i know its a small movie and all but its done very very well for an indie and you would think they might put out a 2 disc. But I guess they know they people who liked it will buy it no matter what extras it has.
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."