The Dark Knight Rises

Started by MacGuffin, August 07, 2008, 12:16:56 AM

cine

yeah, thanks for nothing, heath ledger.

picolas

i did not approve that message.

OrHowILearnedTo

i dunno how reliable this site is but...

Christian Bale Won't Do Another Batman Movie

Christian Bale doesn't necessarily strike me as the easiest person to work with. :) So I can't say I'm totally surprised by this decision. After finding out that 'Dark Knight' director, Chris Nolan, wouldn't be back on board for another movie in the Batman franchise, Christian says he's out too.

"Chris is in the mindset that he is unlikely to be able to top what was achieved with Dark Knight," reveals a Hollywood insider. "He has a number of new projects he's working on and Batman is not a priority for him right now. Christian is unlikely to want to do another one without Chris. He feels only he understands the dynamic of the character and so it could well be that there will have to be a new Batman and director if there is to be a third movie."

Hmmm...would you want the trilogy to go on without Christian in the role???

http://www.imnotobsessed.com/2009/06/23/christian-bale-wont-do-another-batman-movie

modage

he's signed on for a 3rd, so it doesn't really matter what he wants.  but yeah it will be impossible for nolan/anyone to top TDK.  but we all knew that last summer.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gold Trumpet

He could still get out of the role, but it would cost him a lot. I believe if Nolan isn't involved, he should get out anyways. Him being in a non-Nolan version of Batman could destroy his credibility as Batman. Nolan is the reason why the franchise is what it is now, but if the producers just depend on Bale then the results will be similar to Terminator: Salvation. Considering the hype for a third Batman will be enormous, I don't think Bale wants that kind of blowback in his face.

Stefen

In that case, I hope Bale does come back without Nolan. He's a bitchass motherfucker who deserves the blowback of a shitty third Batman film.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

SDCC 09: Oldman Confirms Batman
Book of Eli star confirms sequel.

At the panel for Warner Bros. release Book of Eli today, star Gary Oldman confirmed that a sequel to The Dark Knight is currently in the works and set to start filming next year. While he offered no specific information on the plot, he did mention that they're aiming for release in two years.

"But you didn't hear that from he," Oldman assured the roaring crowd.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

No "Dark Knight" Follow-Up Just Yet
By Garth Franklin
Saturday July 25th 2009 03:38PM

During "The Book of Eli" panel yesterday at the San Diego Comic Con, a fan asked Gary Oldman about the status of a potential third "Batman" film with Christopher Nolan at the helm.

A nervous Oldman gave the surprising response that it'll begin filming next year prompting a wave of articles from the geek community that the news was set and locked.

It ain't that clear though as in press interviews with iF Magazine a few hours later, Oldman was asked about what he said and he responded "Someone asked me [about the third BATMAN film] and I said, 'I don't know, next year? Two years away? It could be three years away.'"

MacGuffin

Next Batman Movie to be Fully Shot in IMAX?
Source: ComingSoon

Ain't It Cool News has posted an interesting rumor saying that Christopher Nolan and Warner Bros. Pictures could be planning to shoot the follow-up to The Dark Knight completely in IMAX format:

The THIRD chapter of Christopher Nolan's Caped Crusader's saga could very well be FULLY shot in IMAX, not IMAX Digital - but the beautiful, stunning IMAX that we saw pieces of THE DARK KNIGHT in.

Now this is something that I'm sure a lot of you will feel is a no-brainer. Nolan blew us away with the IMAX sequences in that film - but it was a very tough process to work in. Mainly due to the limitations of how many available real IMAX rigs there are. Not only that, but lenses had to be created, adapted and god forbid one broke down. Part of the reason that Nolan went forward with INCEPTION first - besides taking a creative break from the cape and cowl adventures... was possibly to create a few new IMAX cameras made to his specs. Once again - the cost of shooting an entire feature film on IMAX... the stock, the time it takes to reset, to load, to move the cameras... Well... it is daunting, but as Nolan proved with DARK KNIGHT - the difference is stunning.

We'll have to wait and see if this does indeed happen.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

That is going to be so time-consuming and expensive.
WWPTAD?

modage

and awesome.  if it happens.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

I have never seen a movie in imax. We don't have any within 300 miles of town. Are they really that different?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

i can't remember the last time i saw an entire movie in real IMAX, but the Dark Knight scenes in IMAX were STUNNING.  F-- 3D, this was completely immersive.

picolas

i was actually afraid of any aerial shot. especially the one where batman jumps off the building. my body felt like it was going to plunge to its death.

polkablues

It would be fantastic if true, but didn't Nolan specifically rule out this possibility a while back?
My house, my rules, my coffee