Started by modage, November 19, 2003, 06:02:12 PM

NEON MERCURY

...seen:31..
own:eight..
have never heard of:5
have heard of:seventy..
would like to see/purchase in the near future: 9

godardian

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

cine

Seen just about all of these, with the exception of a couple silents. Own almost all of them on DVD AND VHS but a little under half on DVD.
Quote1. the birth of a nation
:) I love my Griffith Masterworks Set.

And I think its fair to say that the Lumiere Brothers DVD should be on here.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Rudie Obias

THE BIRTH OF A NATION?  really?  i'm just really shocked....
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

cine

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: godardianI just got this in the mail today. I'll probably glance it over, but to tell the truth, I'm really sick of lists. I suppose lists are useful if you haven't seen very many, but after you've seen (and made) as many lists as I have and know a little something about the movies, they start to seem pointless and same-y... Don't they?

Cough.

godardian

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: godardianI just got this in the mail today. I'll probably glance it over, but to tell the truth, I'm really sick of lists. I suppose lists are useful if you haven't seen very many, but after you've seen (and made) as many lists as I have and know a little something about the movies, they start to seem pointless and same-y... Don't they?

Cough.

Oh, not our list, of course! That's a whole 'nother story. That'll be the picks of something I'm directly involved in, with people I "know" (virtually).

The Xixax list might not reveal anything to me about movies, but it will definitely say something about us, collectively. Believe me, my ballot was drawn and sent weeks ago. And I can't wait for the results.

:)
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

modage

yeah, isnt the deadline coming up soon?  reminder to anyone who hasnt turned in their ballots yet.  (or anyone who doesnt visit IDLE CHATTER, and who might be unaware of the thing.)
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ShanghaiOrange

Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****