Drop Dead Fred

Started by bonanzataz, June 28, 2003, 12:35:14 AM

bonanzataz

Cecil reminded me of it with his signature. Damn this movie is awesome! Anybody else out there that loves this movie?

Snotface, look! COBWEBS!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Cecil

no panties! no panties!

BonBon85

Another favorite - I have the VHS sitting around somewhere. Whatever happened to this guy anyway?

bonanzataz

that brings up another good question. WHERE THE FUCK IS THE GODDAMN DVD! I WANT PHOEBE CATES AND RIK MAYALL COMMENTARY TOO!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

modage

Quote from: BonBon85Another favorite - I have the VHS sitting around somewhere. Whatever happened to this guy anyway?

Fred?  Fred's dead, baby.  Fred's dead. 8)
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

Quote from: bonanzatazthat brings up another good question. WHERE THE FUCK IS THE GODDAMN DVD! I WANT PHOEBE CATES AND RIK MAYALL COMMENTARY TOO!

Criterion is hard at work on this.

©brad

yes yes oh god yes!

i luv the part when he puts all the dog shit on the carpet. hahaha.

modage

this is really starting to freak me out. :shock:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pas

Why do everyone I know hate this movie ?! Why does it have 4.3 on IMDB ?

Man, I hate people

©brad

Quote from: mogwaiYo cbrad...

"I chased down some crews. Guys just looking to fuck up, get busted back. That you?"

u musta worked w/ sum dipshit crews yo.

Fishbulb

Quote from: BonBon85Another favorite - I have the VHS sitting around somewhere. Whatever happened to this guy anyway?

Well, Rik Mayall was well known in the UK way before he did "Drop Dead Fred", I think that movie was his attempt to "cross over" to America, which of course failed miserably. But anyway, he was in "The Young Ones" and its spinoff series "Filthy Rich and Catlflap" and "Bottom". Recently he did a series for ITV called "Believe Nothing" where he played a professor, Adonis Cnut. And I think he was supposed to be in the first "Harry Potter" movie but his scenes got cut out.

sphinx

"is this the huge fucking avatar thread or something?  what the fuck?"
- sphinx, robbing a bank

joeybdot

Rik Mayall was in Fucking JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR In the 70's

That movie is my favortie from my childhood

MacGuffin

Quote from: bonanzatazWHERE THE FUCK IS THE GODDAMN DVD! I WANT PHOEBE CATES AND RIK MAYALL COMMENTARY TOO!

DVD release scheduled for July 22nd. Don't know specs yet.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Redlum

I'm sure Rik Mayall was the first person to make kicking another guy in the nuts funny. I grew up with Bottom and The Young Ones. Drop Dead Fred was good but it felt really strange being in America.

He has the best sarcastic laugh.

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas