Eraserhead DVD

Started by cowboykurtis, March 09, 2003, 04:03:40 PM

modage

Quote from: RaviI'd love to get this DVD, but right now I can't justify spending so much on one movie  :(
how can you put a price on love?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: RaviI'd love to get this DVD, but right now I can't justify spending so much on one movie  :(
just remind urself ur contribution helps the proliferation of Peace Palaces, Peace Universities, and Golden Domes of Pure Knowledge around the world.
under the paving stones.

cowboykurtis

I've had my eraserhead DVD for a year now and it now does not play at all. It's dead.

Lynch took advantage of me.
...your excuses are your own...

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Lynch took advantage of me.

That should be on the marquee.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

MacGuffin

More info:

Today comes word that a distributor called indieBuyer.net has accquired the U.S. release rights to the Eraserhead and The Short Films of David Lynch DVDs that had previously been exclusive to DavidLynch.com. Both DVDs will now be available in a single package box set, which will include all of the extras that were on the original discs. The new box set is currently slated to street on 7/5 for an SRP of $75.86.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Eraserhead and Short Films get wide DVD release Jan. 10, 2006

Fangoria.com is reporting that Subversive Cinema is now the distributor for Lynch's Short Films and Eraserhead DVDs. You can still get them from dl.com, but this also means you'll be able to find them in stores as well. The disc content themselves will be the same, but you won't get the booklets or the larger boxes. Both have a suggested retail price of $29.95.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

too bad budgie wasn't around when this news was posted.

modage

i was just hoping to get these for christmas (again, since i didnt get them last year).  but now i'm wondering if it's worth it to go through dl.com or just get them in stores?  i guess i wont be saving any money and theres no point in paying for a nice box (to me).  dilemma?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: modage on December 07, 2005, 06:59:24 PM
i was just hoping to get these for christmas (again, since i didnt get them last year).  but now i'm wondering if it's worth it to go through dl.com or just get them in stores?  i guess i wont be saving any money and theres no point in paying for a nice box (to me).  dilemma?

depends on how  much you liked eraserhead...if you go the dl.com route you get a big ole box, a nice 4-6 page booklet,and an interesting way to package a dvd...looks like a 45 record sleeve

modage

Quote from: Ravi on June 08, 2005, 01:56:51 AM
I'd love to get this DVD, but right now I can't justify spending so much on one movie  :(
yeah amazon has the new version at $20 so i think thats the route i will go if i havent already received it.

tpfkabi

it's showing in Dallas next week - a new 35 mm print.
anyone seen this print?

i have yet to see the film at all, so i guess that would be an interest way to first experience it.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

squints

Quote from: bigideas on October 28, 2007, 10:22:06 PM
i have yet to see the film at all, so i guess that would be an interest way to first experience it.

you lucky bastard. you're in for a treat
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

I Don't Believe in Beatles

There's a new 35mm print of Eraserhead playing tomorrow and Tuesday at the Castro, too.  I'll be seeing it Tuesday night and can report back on its quality if you'd like.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

tpfkabi

tell me this, is this Lynch with actually human sounding dialog or like The Grandmother where the voices are distorted like dogs - or anything like that - way ouuutttt there Lynch - if that even makes sense?

I ask because I may try to get someone else to go. I got him into watching Wes Anderson films and stuff like that, but I could see him making snide remarks, possibly ruining the theatre experience, if it's more experimental - like some of the Lynch shorts I've seen.

Dallas is a 2 hr drive, but I also have a free Darjeeling Limited soundtrack to pick up there I won through an e-mail contest, so I would have more of an incentive to go and kill two birds with one stone. (The same theatre showed Clockwork for this week's midnight film).
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

squints

Quote from: bigideas on October 28, 2007, 10:52:17 PM
more experimental

Yes! This is the first david lynch film I saw and I still think it is my favorite just because of the experience in the theater. The low rumble that rolls through the soundtrack of the entire film is a trademark for any lynch movie but here it is unrelenting and it adds to the literal and figurative feeling of the movie. The theater I was in had an awesome sound system and the intense bass and various noise combined with the striking and often graphic images on screen made for a pretty disturbing yet wonderful experience. I think your friend might find it a little intense if you're hardening him up with wes anderson movies. And the plot is there but it takes a back seat to the visuals. Still, go fucking see it.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche