The 2008 Xixax Awards

Started by MacGuffin, March 01, 2008, 12:23:24 AM

Kal

Quote from: w/o horse on March 01, 2008, 07:32:05 PM
Kal I really don't appreciate your flippant response.  Please take the time to click the release dates link at imdb.com.

Italy 6 September 2006 (Venice Film Festival)
Canada 14 September 2006 (Toronto Film Festival)
Hong Kong 8 October 2006 (Hong Kong Asian Film Festival)
Hong Kong 19 October 2006 
Singapore 19 October 2006 
Australia 20 October 2006 
Greece 20 February 2007 (DVD premiere)
Argentina 9 March 2007 (Mar del Plata Film Festival)
USA 13 April 2007 (Wisconsin Film Festival)
USA 23 April 2007 (Newport Beach film festival)
Netherlands 31 May 2007 
UK 15 June 2007 
France 20 June 2007 (Cognac Film Festival)
USA 23 June 2007 (New York Asian Film Festival)
France 30 June 2007 (La Rochelle Film Festival)
Czech Republic 2 July 2007 (Karlovy Vary Film Festival)
France 7 July 2007 (Paris Cinéma)
France 11 July 2007 
New Zealand 20 July 2007 (New Zealand International Film Festival)
Belgium 22 August 2007 
USA 31 August 2007 (New York City, New York)
Hungary 4 October 2007 
Argentina 17 November 2007 (San Luis Cine International Festival)

What's it look more like to you?  And as far as the number of people voting for it goes, well, that can't be helped, but I sure would like everyone who was thinking of maybe voting for it to be maybe to be able to vote for it.

dont be so sensitive buddy, I'm fine if you want to vote for it... what i said is that in IMDb the year always shows next to the title (regardless of the release dates) and that one says 2006. I'm not sure what is our criteria here, if we base our schedule on US release dates, or first release date, or whatever our admins decide.

MacGuffin

If a non-film festival USA release date falls in 2007, then it is eligible. So in the case of Exiled, the NYC, NY release is fine.

The Lives Of Others is also eligible, since the USA release date was in Feb. 2007.

Quote from: polkablues on March 01, 2008, 08:04:37 PMHere's my guess, based on past awards (someone please correct if I'm way off):

Atonement - Knightley, McAvoy, and Ronan leading, everyone else supporting.
Zodiac - Gyllenhall, Ruffalo, Downey Jr leading, everyone else supporting.
Amy Ryan, Tom Wilkinson, and Javier Bardem would all be leading, but Michael Cera would be supporting.  I would say for Juno, the only leading performance would be Ellen Page; everyone else in the movie would fall under supporting.

I'll agree with these, although a case could be made for Amy Ryan being supporting.  :yabbse-undecided:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleepless

Marie-Josée Croze in Diving Bell - supporting or not?
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

©brad

Quote from: Sleepless on March 02, 2008, 10:07:02 AM
Marie-Josée Croze in Diving Bell - supporting or not?

supporting.

Jeremy Blackman

Due to the popularity of There Will Be Blood, we will have a runner-up designation for certain awards.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on March 02, 2008, 01:31:03 PM
Due to the popularity of There Will Be Blood, we will have a runner-up designation for certain awards.

instead of runners up award...could we call them the "if xixax wasn't over-populated with pta fanboys awards"

Astrostic

Syndromes and a Century isn't on the official Academy list, but i think it got released in april of 2007.  Will you guys count votes for that film?  Don't care if it has no chance of winning, just want to be sure that my favorite film from last year is at least eligible.

OrHowILearnedTo

Chris Cooper in Breach would be leading right?

picolas

Cooper = leading.

i just want to mention Away From Her. and don't forget Zeitgeist is a 2007 doc.

also if you can, include a link to the specific trailer you're voting for.

JG

Quote from: Astrostic on March 02, 2008, 07:57:34 PM
Syndromes and a Century isn't on the official Academy list, but i think it got released in april of 2007.  Will you guys count votes for that film?  Don't care if it has no chance of winning, just want to be sure that my favorite film from last year is at least eligible.

i was wondering about this as well.

MacGuffin

Quote from: JG on March 02, 2008, 10:31:45 PM
Quote from: Astrostic on March 02, 2008, 07:57:34 PM

i was wondering about this as well.

It's eligible.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

who's leading and who's supporting in i'm not there? specifically, cate blanchett, heath ledger, and charlotte gainsbourg.

where can we campaign for who we like? if there's no thread to do this, DON'T FORGET ABOUT ASHLEY JUDD in BUG!!!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

polkablues

Quote from: bonanzataz on March 03, 2008, 01:07:41 AM
cate blanchett in i'm not there. leading?

I would say each of the actors playing Dylan count as leading.
My house, my rules, my coffee

last days of gerry the elephant

If I want to vote for the Blade Runner 5-Disc Blu-Ray set, how do I specify that on the nomination? Are we to specify disc quantity and format (Standard, Blu-Ray or HD)?

grand theft sparrow

Just double-checking that the songs from Once do qualify as Original Music.