My movie's showing in NYC...

Started by Ghostboy, April 03, 2003, 01:21:12 AM

Ghostboy

Blatant self promotion time! This technically doesn't belong in the Now Showing category until next Wednesday, but oh well...

My short film, 'Still,' is playing next week in Manhattan as part of the NewFilmmakers showcase, so anyone in NY who feels like dropping by...well, feel free to drop by. It's playing with some other indie films, and it all costs...I think...only five bucks.

The details: April 9, 7:00pm at the Anthology Film Archives, 32 2nd Avenue, New York, NY, 10003

budgie

I'm impressed. Will you get any feedback/reviews etc.?

Wish I could go  :cry:  Have you got a clip?

Ghostboy

Quote from: budgieWill you get any feedback/reviews etc.?

Feedback, hopefully, but the people who run it (who also run the Angelika) said the Village Voice sometimes will review the films. I wish I could be there, too! Darn this starving artist syndrome.

I've got a trailer for 'Still' on my website (link below). It's been criticized for being a little melodramatic, but I think it succesfully manages to not give away anything about the movie....

Raikus

Quote from: GhostboyI've got a trailer for 'Still' on my website (link below). It's been criticized for being a little melodramatic, but I think it succesfully manages to not give away anything about the movie....

Looks interesting. Nice use of simple music to underline not is all as it seems.

Good luck with the screenings.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Sleuth

I want to see your movie, nice trailer
I like to hug dogs

Jeremy Blackman

I remember this! Different trailer, though, right? Looks nice.

Didn't the other trailer have more violence?

bonanzataz

why won't you be there? could i go and pretend to be you?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ravi

I saw "Still" when it played in Dallas a few months ago.  I would recommend that you see it if you can, because it is a good film.

Ghostboy

Quote from: bonanzatazwhy won't you be there? could i go and pretend to be you?

LOL. I had this notion that everytime the movie played anywhere, I'd have someone different introduce it and pretend to be me. So by all means, if you go, feel free to impersonate me. In fact, you should get a bunch of people together and have a Spartacus style moment if there's a Q&A.

In all seriousness, though, the reason I can't go is because I'm a little low on funding at the moment, and I can't really afford to take the time off work. If I could, I'd be there in a heartbeat. I love NY.

Gold Trumpet

Congrats! It's always nice to dream something near our dreams, but when it feels like we are living any part of it, then that is something sweet indeed.

~rougerum

MacGuffin

You should have told us earlier; we could have had a bake sale to get the money to send you.

But seriously, good luck. Any plans to bring it to Los Angeles?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

Quote from: MacGuffin
Any plans to bring it to Los Angeles?

Hopefully, yes -- the same program has a showcase in LA, and they told me 'Still' would probably play there too. So whenever that happens, I'll definitely be there. I should be financially recuperated by then.

Thecowgoooesmooo

Hey Ghostboy,

It looks like a expensive project.. Could you give us a estimate of how much you spent on your film?

thakns

chris

Ghostboy

On the filmstock itself? About 1500 (and that was with a student discount).

On the whole film...well, less than it looks but not as little as I'd like.

:?

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks