Curb Your Enthusiasm

Started by Banky, October 06, 2003, 04:47:13 PM

Ravi

Larry David is going to be on Sit Down with David Steinberg tonight at 10pm (9pm Central Standard Time).

abuck1220

not really that good, though it's cool to see larry do any kind of interview.

too many damn commercials, and steinberg is just an awful, awful interviewer.

Ravi

Quote from: abuck1220 on December 22, 2005, 12:15:16 AM
not really that good, though it's cool to see larry do any kind of interview.

There was little in it I hadn't heard before.  He even told the "tu/usted" joke.

Quotetoo many damn commercials, and steinberg is just an awful, awful interviewer.

I agree, Steinberg is pretty bad.  I thought it would be a better interview, given that he's worked with Larry David on Curb.

Redlum

The Ricky Gervais interview with Larry airs on Channel 4 over here, tomorrow night(Thursday) . I would expect it to make the torrent sites so look out for it. If not, what with the Curb/Extras connection I'm sure HBO would be interested.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

pete

I just saw "the grand opening", the season 3 finale with the restaurant and things.  THAT WAS A GREAT ENDING.  I got a bit teary.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

SoNowThen

Yeah, it's horrible to suggest this, but it would have almost been perfect to just have ended the series on that note. Not that I don't want all the more Curb, but still.... it was the most succinct summation of the humor of that show.

Also, "okay you fuckin' idiot, you fuckin' moron" still gets the BIGGEST laugh from me, ever, no matter how many times I rewind and watch it again.

Awesome episode.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Ravi

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/curb-your-enthusiasm5.html

Title: Curb Your Enthusiasm
Starring: Larry David
Released: 1st August 2006
SRP: $39.98

Further Details:
Warner Home Video has announced the fifth season of Curb Your Enthusiasm which stars Larry David, Cheryl Hines and Jeff Garlin. The two-disc set will be available to own from the 1st August, and should set you back around $39.98 in total. Each of the season five episodes will be presented in full frame, along with English 2.0 Stereo Surround tracks. The only extra material will be episodic previews, and a behind the scenes featurette. We've attached our first look at the official region one package artwork below:

Pubrick

are the extras on the seinfeld dvds as shitty as this?
under the paving stones.

Ravi

The Seinfeld sets have far more extras.

Garam

Including audio commentarys.

Jason Alexander: "Hoo boy, we were so out there!"

MacGuffin

HBO can't count on 'Sopranos' or 'Curb'
James Gandolfini's injury delays final episodes while Larry David seeks his muse.

"Sopranos" fans are used to delays, so when word came down Wednesday that the series' final "bonus" episodes wouldn't arrive until March — well, it wasn't all that shocking. But fans of HBO's "Curb Your Enthusiasm" can be forgiven for wondering whether writer-star Larry David's cranky comedy is coming back at all. The network has been silent about that since the Emmy-nominated show wrapped its fifth season in December.

"We thought we'd have something to talk to you about today," HBO Chairman Chris Albrecht told reporters Wednesday at the Television Critics Assn. press tour in Pasadena. "Larry was very unsure after last season.... He needed to be inspired."

But the network is "pretty close" to a deal, presumably for 10 more episodes, he added. "Hopefully we'll have a new 'Curb' in 2007." And will that be the end of David's critically acclaimed show? "Odds are probably yes, but who knows?" Albrecht said.

HBO could probably put some new "Curb" episodes to good use, because its series cupboard is looking a little bare. The final episodes of "The Sopranos" won't air until a couple of months later than expected, because star James Gandolfini injured his knee, delaying production, Albrecht said. The epic "Rome," meanwhile, probably won't last beyond its upcoming second season, because HBO's European partners signed on for a limited number of episodes. But again, Albrecht coyly played with the possibilities. "We may look at this and decide, 'You know, the food is good in Rome, so let's find a way to keep this going,' " he joked.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

abuck1220

breaking news!

garlin was in the booth on wgn during the cubs game and he revealed (for the first time anywhere, according to him) that curb is set to start filming in october!

MacGuffin

HBO plans more 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'
Source: Hollywood Reporter

HBO is bringing back "Curb Your Enthusiasm." Larry David's Emmy-winning comedy series is finally on the books with the premium cable channel for a sixth season, which will begin production as early as September. All principal cast members including Jeff Garlin, Cheryl Hines, and Susie Essman are expected to return for an airdate sometime in 2007. HBO confirmed "Curb" is returning, but did not indicate that the coming season is necessarily the last one. "Curb" last premiered in September 2005, and David has publicly waffled on whether he was interested in bringing the series back. Chris Albrecht, chairman and CEO of HBO, told reporters in July at the Television Critics Assn. press tour that he was close to re-signing David. "Larry was very unsure after last season," Albrecht had said. "He needed to be inspired." First introduced in 2000, "Curb" is produced by HBO Entertainment. The series earned five nominations at the upcoming Emmy Awards including Outstanding Comedy Series.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

I just saw the episode with the opening night of the producers.  dude that was a great episode.  I've never seen the episode before.  what a great moment of reversal.  so great.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Chest Rockwell

Yes, yes it was. Probably my favorite episode of all that I've seen. And the Shaq one.