Billy Wilder

Started by i/o, April 30, 2003, 03:00:06 AM

grand theft sparrow

http://www.tcm.com/thismonth/article.jsp?cid=152031&mainArticleId=152021

Set your (fake) TiVos, everyone!

On Thursday January 25, at 2:30am, Turner Classic Movies will show Billy Wilder's hard-to-find, alleged masterpiece Ace in the Hole/The Big Carnival as part of a Kirk Douglas tribute.

modage

oh thanks!  i'm totally going to set my (fake) tivo.  it's playing at the Film Forum right now so i had considered going just to see it, but this will save me $22.  i'm re-reading Conversations With Wilder now since i got it for christmas and recently noticed that Wilder's Spirit Of St. Louis with James Stewart got released on DVD at some point recently because you can now get it on Netflix.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gold Trumpet

Criterion recently completed a deal with Paramount to release some of their films. The deal includes, which has been confirmed, Billy Wilder's Ace in the Hole. Likely why the film now suddenly pops up on TCM's schedule since many marathons dedicated toward Kirk Douglas before have not featured it.

I've known about this for a little while. I'll list the other confirmed films in the Criterion thread.