Chappelle Show official thread

Started by prophet, February 20, 2004, 03:34:57 PM

RegularKarate

yeah.. I was thinking the exact same thing... that Chappelle needs to get recognized for this.

I actually watched it out of complete hatred for the rich mother in the first two episodes... she is ever-so hatable.  she doesn't work, she sits on her ass, doesn't spend time with her kids and when she moves in with a family that's not as well off as her, she acts like she's God's fucking gift for living the poor life and gracing these people with her presence... ugh... so effin annoying... and her favorite piece of literature ever written is a chain email (an extra shitty one).

Myxo

Let's see!

England.. We got Australia..

Japan is sending playstations..

LOL

MacGuffin

Chappelle re-ups for Comedy duty
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Comedy Central has signed a new deal with Dave Chappelle that will return his hit series "Chappelle's Show" to the network for two more seasons. The cable channel is expected to announce later today that the comedian has committed to 26 more episodes of "Show." Each season will consist of 10 original episodes, plus two "best-of" episodes and another devoted to musical performances that are a key component of the sketch comedy series. Sources familiar with the deal indicate Chappelle's deal is easily the richest deal in basic cable, an eight-figure sum that gives the comedian a healthy chunk of the robust DVD sales his series has generated. Bringing Chappelle back was a huge priority for incoming Comedy president Doug Herzog, who helped negotiate the deal. The series has emerged as an energizing force on the Comedy schedule, not only performing well in repeats but boosting the likes of "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

grand theft sparrow

'Super Freak' Rick James dead
Friday, August 6, 2004 Posted: 3:34 PM EDT (1934 GMT)

(CNN) -- Singer Rick James was found dead in his home Friday morning by his caretaker, a Los Angeles police Department spokesman said.

James, 56, was a musical icon of the early 1980's and credited with helping to create the "punk funk" style of music that was characterized in his 1981 album "Street Songs."

"Street Songs" was widely acclaimed as a masterpiece upon its release and featured such hits as "Super Freak," "Give it To Me Baby," and "Fire and Desire."

"Street Songs" went triple platinum and catapulted James into the forefront of the funk movement.

The album's gritty content earned James a bad boy reputation that he often had a tough time living down. Some critics said it led to his eventual involvement with drugs and a conviction for aggravated assault and false imprisonment in the 1990s.

Raikus

For the benefit of the thread, let's just get this out now:

"I'm dead, bitch!"

"Cocaine's a hell of a drug."

"It's super freaky!"
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"What did the 5 fingers say to the face?" "R.I.P.!"
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

pete

anyone caught his showtime special?  I finally saw it just now.  The first 10 minutes was kinda cold, but as soon as he got off San Fran he was a-flying.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

cine

mogwai

cine

Oh thats right.. that news wasn't posted..

Feb 8th.

©brad

Quote from: Cinsey

Feb 8th.

why, that's my birthday!
context, context, context.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

context, context, context.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs