The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Pozer

EDIT: thought i finally had a scoop. ^dude hangs out on the interwebs far more than i.

backstage pics.

AKA mostly suffering background artists. lols.

P Heat

My post was moved, and then it was posted on cigs and vines.  :yabbse-grin:

Those backstage pics are interesting though, there's been steady momentum for news on the film
Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

Hey, these pics are in Black & White, so has anyone else pondered if the Master project might be in B&W too?

it's strange because when they announced the new cinematographer I remember his reel was mostly in black and white.

whether it is or not is irrelevant right now, as long as the look fits the story

ElPandaRoyal

I thought the same thing as soon as I saw the pics, but for some reason I then dismissed that idea. It would be cool if it was black & white, but I don't think that will happen, though. Or maybe that was one of the reasons why it was so hard to finance it...
Si

Just Withnail

Yes, black and white. And scoreless. And Renner is back in.

Pubrick

If it is black and white, the enourmous expense of having to physically decolourise the entire world would have been enough to turn off most investors.

It would be a shame too since the core cast seems to be almost exclusively redheads.. they would have to bleach their ginger hair for duration of filming just to appear "right" for the camera. The sky and sea visible in those boat shots would have to be painted white, and grey.. the entire SKY.. that mammoth undertaking would not come cheaply. The cost of the spaceships needed to reach the Earth's atmosphere would make up at least 90% of the budget

Honestly, it's enough to make you yearn for the days when everyting was naturally black and white and there was not a signle fabric or natural material in existence that would reflect light in the way we know it today, spelling the true name of satan, ROYGBIV.
under the paving stones.

Just Withnail

Yes, but what about the irrefutable evidence of the backstage pics? They've at least painted the backstage.

I ponder, will feature on the soundtrack? (diegetically of course!)

history lesson

scoreless

froio

Stefen

I read that it's not titled untitled anymore and is being referrred to as Knuckle Sandwich.

Lost the link tho.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

hahah I thought I remembered something like Pubrick's comment but couldn't remember where it was from.  Thanks Just Withnall.

malkovich

I've been lurking on here for awhile now, so I figured I might as well join in on the conversation/anticipation/adoration. Hi everyone  :yabbse-smiley:

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pozer

Fernando