Crowe Moments

Started by Banky, January 19, 2004, 08:16:37 PM

Banky

Those moments in Cameron Crowe films where its so authentically him.  You know them and they make his movies seem so personal.  Here are a few of my favorites

Jerry Maguire saying, "You Complete Me" to Dorthy Boyd

William Miller saying, "Ask Me Again" to Penny Lane

Lloyd Dobler saying, "I gave her my heart and she gave me a pin"

The Elevator Sequeance in Vanilla Sky

there are many more that i love but these are a few that come to mind

Alethia

lloyd dobler saying "are you here because you need somebody or because you need me?....Forget it, I don't wanna know."

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: BankyWilliam Miller saying, "Ask Me Again" to Penny Lane
I thought Crowe said that was all Fugit.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Banky

i know but the fact that crowe took that from editing and used it made it a Crowe moment

Russell Hammond saying what he likes about music, "To begin with, everything"

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: Bankyi know but the fact that crowe took that from editing and used it made it a Crowe moment

Russell Hammond saying what he likes about music, "To begin with, everything"

Gotcha.

Lloyd: "The rain on my car is a baptism."
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Sleuth

the dialogue in Almost Famous about "that woo"
I like to hug dogs

Banky

man this movie kills me

when Penny Lane is upset in that resteraunt in NY toward the end and Russell and William both stand up and look at each other

Whoooooooo

Pubrick

the looking in that film almost ruins it.

anyway, in regards to this topic.. every piece of dialogue in every crowe movie.
under the paving stones.

modage

when william is dancing with nearly passed out penny and confesses his love to her.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

mogwai

the peter gabriel "in your eyes" scene in say anything.

ElPandaRoyal

Something like "I'm frozen, you're dead and I love you" in Vanilla Sky.
Si

The whole movie Vanilla Sky is very Crowe-esque , tee hee... :lol:

No. Seriously,  the two scenes that involve the legendary red dog .
context, context, context.

Banky

i think the number one Crowe moment of all time would have to be the Tiny Dancer sing along on the tour bus ending with "You are Home"

Wesabeck

Almost Famous:  "What kind of beer?".... Penny dancing to Steven's the wind.... Silent Ed's only line...  

Vanilla Sky: The scene where Sophia and David are drawing each other and falling in love...awwwww.... "I good you bid evening" and Lee's look after he says that...

Jerry Maguire:  I ate a bad peice of pizza and developed a conscience! .... well boo fuckin hoo!

Singles: Bless you.

Say Anything: No brotha you'll have to buy your own!... the "loyd's wiggin" rap... Loyd blowing kisses like sugar ray leonard in the middle of the road.
Good looking people have no spine.