TOP TEN - 2003!!!!!

Started by bonanzataz, December 28, 2003, 07:15:25 PM

godardian

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: godardianI'm really surprised to see how many have The Hulk on their top ten. I'll have to rent it. I like Ang Lee on and off, but I'm not a big fan of superhero movies, and that, combined with the roundly terrible reviews, was enough to inspire me to skip it.
The terrible reviews were from people who creamed their pants over Spiderman, so that gives you a good idea of the taste from those critics who shit on Hulk. Hulk was a thinking person's movie, which is why I agreed with Ebert's review that it's not for the typical comic book fan.

Yeah, I found Spiderman a waste of time, and I like Sam Raimi quite a bit.

I'll really have to check Hulk out. Thanks!
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

again,  I tried to like the Hulk (i promised to myself  that i'd be the first one of my friends to like the movie) but  i just couldn't... maybe it's me,  or maybe it's the fact that i saw it just after i saw Once Upon a Time in America ,which automatically became one of my all-time favorites.
context, context, context.

phil marlowe

i like it a lot, but it got even better after i heard that ang lee did all the movements of the hulk creature. oh man, the images in my head, too perfect.

Sleuth

My favourite part of the Hulk was the giant rabid poodle, it really makes you think.
I like to hug dogs

modage

Quote from: chuckhimselfoor maybe it's the fact that i saw it just after i saw Once Upon a Time in America ,which automatically became one of my all-time favorites.
you mean, West right? please tell me you mean West...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Altough I recieved it as  a Christmas present, I haven't seen West.  Is there anything wrong with liking OUATIA?
context, context, context.

Ernie

Quote from: chuckhimselfoAltough I recieved it as  a Christmas present, I haven't seen West.  Is there anything wrong with liking OUATIA?

Hell no, it's just that West is like 50 times better.

cine

Quote from: ebeaman
Quote from: chuckhimselfoAltough I recieved it as  a Christmas present, I haven't seen West.  Is there anything wrong with liking OUATIA?

Hell no, it's just that West is like 50 times better.
Ah, OUATIA is great. 10 times better, 20 times better -- or not even greater at all. Its all arguable. Both Leone pictures are masterpieces of the cinema.

Finn

It's a shame that Dogville won't be released into theatres into later in the year. Tons of people have seen it outside the country when it was first released.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Jeremy Blackman

I just realized that half of my list is spiritual movies (21 Grams, Lost in Translation, Whale Rider, In America, Gerry), and really good ones at that. I can't remember another year with that kind of pattern.

Link

1. Once Upon A Time In Mexico
2. Lost In Translation
3. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
4. Love Actually
5. Kill Bill Volume 1
6. Mystic River
7. Big Fish
8. Finding Nemo
9. Phone Booth
10. L'Auberge Espagnole

Pedro

Link

So is Pedro the Wombat

(get it?  "funny little creature"?  Right?  Peace, peace)

©brad

Quote from: godardianI'll really have to check Hulk out. Thanks!

have u seen it yet?

Pubrick

Quote from: ©brad
Quote from: godardianI'll really have to check Hulk out. Thanks!

have u seen it yet?
somehow i doubt godardian will appreciate the finer points of HULK.
under the paving stones.