Hayden Christensen

Started by life_boy, February 22, 2003, 03:14:36 AM

Raikus

Now that you've made that correlation... do you think that... nah, nevermind.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

polkablues

Hayden Christensen is just like most actors; given really poor writing, he's going to deliver a really poor performance.  George Lucas is a really poor writer, therefore NO ONE in the last two Star Wars movies (except Ewan MacGregor, who is somehow immune) gave a decent performance.

Now, "Life as a House", despite being a piece of crap movie, at least had a well-written character for him to play, and I thought he was pretty good in it.
My house, my rules, my coffee

bonanzataz

Quote from: RaikusHayden has two settings as an actor--Creepy and Bitchy.

Totally agreed. Remember the scenes in Star Wars where he gets flipped out about Obi Wan stepping on his shoelace or something and Amidala's like, "Dude, chill out." So he calms down and puts on this creepy smile where he looks more like Amidala's stalker than her lover. There was not even a hint of chemistry between those two, they seemed repulsed by each other.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

life_boy

"I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth."

bonanzataz

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That made me laugh.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Xixax

Quote from: life_boy"I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth."
Oh my god. I watched SWE2 on my friend's new High-Def widescreen Saturday night, and that line made me writhe in pain. However, you can't blame Hayden for that. That's all George's fault.

And the death stick reference was way over the top.

If he wasn't George Lucas, I'd go on a rant about how bad he is. But that would just be wrong.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: life_boy"Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth."

I think it was "not like you." I guess Amidala was flattered by being contrasted with sand.

bonanzataz

Gold Trumpet

This thread is sad because it reminds me of how the star wars series drained Natalie Portman in giving a good performance and to think, for the last 4 to 5 years, she has revolved most of her acting career around just making these movies. I hear she may be in a very good movie coming up this year. Well, I hope so because I can't take just another where the heart is or anywhere but here as standing as the good points since Beautiful Girls. She could be so much more.

~rougerum

life_boy

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: life_boy"Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth."

I think it was "not like you." I guess Amidala was flattered by being contrasted with sand.

Yeah, I thought that sounded a little odd but I cut and pasted this from IMDb "memorable quotes" section for Episode II.

Duck Sauce

hopefully Natalie Portman does full frontal nudity soon. But on to topic, Life as a House was an awful sap fest, Hayden wasnt great but to me he was at least likeable.

life_boy

I know the script is George's fault, but it's Hayden that brought the script to life!

And if it wasn't Star Wars no one would buy this fucking shit for a second.  But, we have to bend over and take it nice and hard because we loved the originals (which seems like a wet dream now, with this talk of more 'special treatment' for the DVD's).  It's a sad state of affairs, this bullshit galaxy we're a part of now.

MacGuffin

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetThis thread is sad because it reminds me of how the star wars series drained Natalie Portman in giving a good performance and to think, for the last 4 to 5 years, she has revolved most of her acting career around just making these movies. I hear she may be in a very good movie coming up this year. Well, I hope so because I can't take just another where the heart is or anywhere but here as standing as the good points since Beautiful Girls. She could be so much more.

~rougerum

Ray of light maybe?

Columbia Pictures has set Mike Nichols to direct an adaptation of Patrick Marber's acclaimed play Closer, with a script penned by the playwright, reports Variety. Jude Law and Natalie Portman, who both just starred in the Anthony Minghella-directed Cold Mountain, are near deals to star.

The drama revolves around two couples. When the guy from the first couple links up with the girl from the other couple, the group dynamic turns ugly.

Marber also recently penned Asylum for Paramount Classics, and he is scripting About the Author for DreamWorks.

Law is about to topline and produce the Kerry Conran-directed sci-fi adventure The World of Tomorrow, with Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie. Portman will next star with Zach Braff in Large's Ark and then make her third "Star Wars" film this summer.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

Actually Duck Sauce, she has done full frontal nudity already, in ways. A couple of years ago, she was caught by paparazzi topless on a beach. I saw the pics, and they weren't that bad.

~rougerum

polkablues

Quote from: life_boyI know the script is George's fault, but it's Hayden that brought the script to life!

But can you imagine any actor saying the damn "sand" line and making it work?  Maybe Gilbert Gottfried, but let's face it, he's too old for the role.
My house, my rules, my coffee