The Grudge

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 06:14:14 PM

Myxo

Reading Sarah Michelle Gellar talk about filmmaking is like being stabbed in the eye with an ice pick.

pete

SPOILER WARNING

now I can't wait 'til her character dies.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

spoilero

they gave that away on letterman. on which she was perky.
under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

Total effing spoiler

There can't really be spoilers for this movie (assuming it's pretty much a shot by shot remake, as everything I've seen for it makes it appear to be).

modage

there can be spoilers if you havent seen the original movie, and i wish i had not read this page.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

No... I'm saying there really isn't much to spoil about this movie.

pete

then lets spoil some other movies

rosebud is the sled.
darth is luke's dad
planey ape is new york

I think I've done this before in some other thead already
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Finn

I can safely say this is one of the worst movies all year.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

modage

Quote from: Small Town LonerI can safely say this is one of the worst movies all year.
no, i doubt it.  it did manage to have some geniune scares, (which i'll admit is very hard to do), but it still wasnt very good.  something about the story just didnt do it for me.  it was too obvious, or there wasnt enough of it, or the mystery didnt start early enough or something?  but there just wasnt much to grab onto, it was just moving you from JUMP! moment to JUMP! moment throughout most of the film.  unlike, say the Ring which is building suspense the whole film and a creepy tone while you're finding things out that are keeping you interested.  but if this is practically a shot for shot remake of the original i cant imagine it'd be much better, or is it?  i'll see it in a week or two anyways for myself.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

edison

40 Mill!!!???!!?!?!

Ghostboy

Regarding the shot for shot thing...I haven't seen the remake yet, but from reviews I've read I know that:

a.) the character Bill Pullman plays is not part of the original and
b.) one of the subplots I really liked in the original, involving a schoolgirl whose relationship to the story isn't entirely obvious at first, is not in the remake.

And yeah, 40 mil? That's a surprise.

northwood

Quote from: themodernage02there can be spoilers if you havent seen the original movie, and i wish i had not read this page.
what was the name of the original?
blah

MacGuffin

Quote from: northwoodwhat was the name of the original?

Ju-On:
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=442
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Finn

But the question is...will it make more money? (rubs his beard)
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Dtm115300

I just came back from seeing this film. Not good. I was really dissapointed.    I think the only scene i even partly enjoyed was

spoiler................................................................................................

The scene where the girl runs in to her apartment. She jumps into her bed, and the ghost is under the covers.

...........................................................................................................

And i onlt enjoyed the scene because, the scene before that only made me and the rest of the people watching the film laugh my ass off.