Have you ever met a famous person/samsong?

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, April 12, 2003, 01:31:47 PM

chainsmoking insomniac

Hey, how the fuck did I turn into a fluffer?!?!
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Alethia

i met spielberg at a theater in NYC and LATER THAT DAY i saw woody allen in a little cafe in manhattan - i caught a glimpse of shyamalan in LA and i met william h. macy in albany, new york when he was there for "door to door" and i met mamet in a borders in saratoga a few months back

modage

i met Jonathan Demme at a screening for his charade remake TRUTH ABOUT CHARLIE and got him to sign my criterion lambs dvd.  i met Jason Schwartzman when he was shooting a video here in town and got him to sign my criterion rushmore dvd.  i met Bruce Campbell at a book signing and got him to sign my book of the dead dvd.  and goddamnit!  at a screening for solaris i was sitting a few feet away from Steven Soderbergh AND James Cameron taking notes for them but was so completely flabergasted i didnt talk to them.  my ultimate nerdy regret.

*edit: also met Paul Thomas Anderson after a Q and A of PDL.  he signed my dvds of his first three films.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

aurora

I'm in Australia

I don't get to meet anyone

The only famous person I've met who you guys would know is 'Yeardly Smith' - the chick who does the voice for Lisa Simpson.

penfold0101

Never met or seen any Film people, met a few assorted British TV types only C list celebs in my book.

My school won a competition run by some record company or another in the early 90s and Kylie Minogue was there signing autographs, didn’t really care too much, I was a lot more interested in the guys in Teenage Mutant Ninja turtle outfits, I was only about 8 or 9.
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

USTopGun47

Quote from: MeshI met:

...when she purchased some books from me at a Chicago Barnes & Noble.  Right around the time Fight Club came out, I think.

Would you believe she's even hotter in person than above?
My god i would give my right arm to meet her.
I'm somebody now, Harry. Everybody likes me. Soon, millions of people will see me and they'll all like me. I'll tell them about you, and your father, how good he was to us. Remember? It's a reason to get up in the morning. It's a reason to lose weight, to fit in the red dress. It's a reason to smile. It makes tomorrow all right. What have I got Harry, hm? Why should I even make the bed, or wash the dishes? I do them, but why should I? I'm alone. Your father's gone, you're gone. I got no one to care for. What have I got, Harry? I'm lonely. I'm old.

oakmanc234

I (literally) walked into Eric Bana once. Of coarse back then, I only knew him from 'Chopper'. I remember apologizing and saying something like 'you're that Chopper guy?' (I'm a fuckin' douchbag). He chuckled, 'Yeah mate, yeah'. He asked me if I knew where this stage challenge practise was going on at, I told him where, he said 'Cheers' that was that.

Now he's the freakin' 'Hulk'. That's weird. If that same thing happened today I would be a hell of a lot more nervous.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

modage

good thing you ran into him when he was nobody, i bet if you even thought about running into him today, he would HULK OUT before you got the chance if his bodyguards didnt kick your ass first.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

©brad

Quote from: ewardi met spielberg at a theater in NYC and LATER THAT DAY i saw woody allen in a little cafe in manhattan - i caught a glimpse of shyamalan in LA and i met william h. macy in albany, new york when he was there for "door to door" and i met mamet in a borders in saratoga a few months back

well i can bench press 23 pounds how much can u bench press? ass.

godardian

I've met Ben Stiller and Todd Haynes. Both very intelligent, low-key, and nice.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

oakmanc234

You actually met Ben Stiller?! I could kill you!!!!!!!
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

godardian

Quote from: oakmanc234You actually met Ben Stiller?! I could kill you!!!!!!!

He was in Portland filming Zero Effect. Just met him hanging out at a hotel bar. He was very gracious.  I was shocked by how short he is. I'm not tall, and he is much shorter than I am.

I've also met Gus van Sant. He was nice, too, but very, very passive in demeanor. He definitely affects (?) the Warhol blase thing.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

jokerspath

Quote from: cowboykurtisi fucked bill cosby -- very charming man.

The Cos is such a starfucker...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Pubrick

Quote from: jokerspathaw
naw.

hell naw, now i gone and done it.
under the paving stones.

Alethia