John Malkovich Is Kubrick

Started by MacGuffin, June 17, 2003, 10:27:54 AM

cine

Quote from: mogwaipfft, looks nothing like kubrick...
Good. I'm not the only one then...

MacGuffin

Quote from: Cinephile

I think that was the point. Kubrick was so reclusive, no one really knew what he looked like, and Malovich's character could get away with claiming to be him.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Fernando

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Cinephile

I think that was the point. Kubrick was so reclusive, no one really knew what he looked like, and Malovich's character could get away with claiming to be him.

Exactly, I think it's suppossed to not look like him as the guy who claimed to be him didn't.

Pubrick

i felt mogwai knew that he wasn't meant to look like kubrick, cos that's the point of the story, and was being ironic.

that's my emotional interpretation of the situation.
under the paving stones.

cine

I guess I'm the only one who preferred he had the facial hair.

mogwai

Quote from: Pi felt mogwai knew that he wasn't meant to look like kubrick, cos that's the point of the story, and was being ironic.

that's my emotional interpretation of the situation.
it makes me a very emotional man every time pubrick stands up for me.
Quote from: CinephileI guess I'm the only one who preferred he had the facial hair.
Quote from: Cinephile/mogwaiGood. I'm not the only one then...

NEON MERCURY

.....that/he  don't look like kubrick"....

they should call it..... "Color me Christopher Lloyd circa Back to the Future with Shorter Hair"

Pubrick

i see this film might flop cos the concept is very difficult to understand.
under the paving stones.

cine

Ok, and is it just me or does Malkovich's Kubrick look incredibly lost in the head? Why does it look like there's nobody home? Since day one that I laid eyes on those pictures, the character of Kubrick looked like a 6 year old boy taking over the body of a much older genius. It's the eyes and the mouth really....

molly

Quote from: CinephileOk, and is it just me or does Malkovich's Kubrick look incredibly lost in the head? Why does it look like there's nobody home? Since day one that I laid eyes on those pictures, the character of Kubrick looked like a 6 year old boy taking over the body of a much older genius. It's the eyes and the mouth really....

isn't Malkovich's Kubrick just a "Kubrick"?

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

I swear that's the EWS font.

Alethia

lol what an interesting trailer

mutinyco

"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection