Gravity

Started by modage, February 25, 2010, 05:50:17 PM

HeywoodRFloyd

I think this film is going to make all of us shit our pants. Lubezki said last year that the opening long take is 17 minutes long, I believe that what we've just seen is the final 2 minutes of that 17.

jenkins

17 minutes -- the alexa, digital. space, digital. effects, digital. it's a lot of digital thought. i don't think i'll shit myself but i'll be excited

Robyn

Pubrick

I'll be looking for the inevitable meatspin reference in the film.

Crying Game in space?

SOLD
under the paving stones.

jonas

Yet another small trailer, looks like a follow up to "Detached":

"Mein Führer, I can walk!" - Dr. Strangelove

Pubrick

^teaser of the year.

fucking hell.

"anyone?..... anyone?" and earth's lights beneath.

yep, this is good.
under the paving stones.

Robyn

is it official the new 2OO1 now?

pete

Quote from: picolas on July 24, 2013, 12:55:14 PM

and yeah arvo part is like the new beethoven. expect to hear him in every movie for the next 100 years.
I saw this trio play it live in an antique piano shop. those fuckers knew nothing about movies. I thought they were pure.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Kellen

Speechless.

I'll be at the theater on day 1.

HeywoodRFloyd

Quote from: Brett Ratner on July 24, 2013, 02:07:46 PM
is it official the new 2OO1 now?

With a runtime of 88 minutes, I think it is what it is, an explosive visceral story of survival in space.

wilder

What I find really amazing about this trailer is that the shot is moving around constantly but not arbitrarily, the camera is moving as if from an unseen, additional astronaut's POV (the audience), and is giving us the same experience that Clooney and Bullock are having -- moving to mimic the feeling, the weight, the speed of being in space ourselves.

ElPandaRoyal

OK, now that new teaser is something else. I seriously didn't like the CGI extravaganza look of that long take but if the rest of the movie is on a quieter tone it might not be that distracting.
Si

Drenk

I'm scared by the "attraction" side of Gravity...But I look forward to it.
Ascension.

Fernando

Quote from: Drenka on July 25, 2013, 11:08:05 AM

I'm scared by the "attraction" side of Gravity...But I look forward to it.

wow, it looks incredible.

only 88min? I hope all 88 minutes are as tense as these teasers.

Tictacbk

I'm already sick of hearing Sandra Bullock freak-out-breathing, but I still can't wait to see this.