Movies you're ashamed to admit you HAVE seen

Started by Xixax, January 22, 2003, 05:16:30 PM

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: ratsorizzoevery ron shelton movie to me is a peice of shit and iam ashamed to admit ive seen a few cuz i tryd to givee him a chance to redeem himself

uhh wrong , i could go the route of everyone else and call you a idiot because i disagree with you,  but i will just say Ahhh no

cine

meatball

Congo
Pearl Harbor
The Mummy Returns
New Rose Hotel
The Funeral
King of New York
Thir13en Ghosts

What can I say, I am bored to death by Abel Ferrera films.

The others were just pure crap packaged and sold.

AK

Cecil

Quote from: meatball
New Rose Hotel
The Funeral
King of New York

What can I say, I am bored to death by Abel Ferrera films.

ouch ouch ouch ouch

godardian

Quote from: AKEvolution

Me, too.... for Moore.

Also: Secondhand Lions.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

bonanzataz

i saw spice world in theaters...and enjoyed it...and own the videotape
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Find Your Magali

Quote from: bonanzatazi saw spice world in theaters...and enjoyed it...and own the videotape

lol at your small type, Taz.

Probably along those same lines, I caught final 2/3 of Josie and the Pussycats on cable earlier this year and found it mindlessly entertaining. But I would never actually admit that in public.  :wink:

Cecil

josie and the pussycats is actually not that bad

Find Your Magali

It was lighthearted in a very "Wayne's World" kind of way...

The comic turns by Parker Posey, Alan Cumming and Carson Daly were quite amusing. And I think playing an airhead suits Tara Reid quite well.

But, again, I would never admit any of this in an online forum or public place....

Cecil

pookiethecat

yes, tis true.  i did in fact spend 4.50 renting this "tasty cinematic treat."  

and bonanzataz, i saw spice world in the theater too.
i wanna lick 'em.

classical gas

probably outside of this site, i'm more ashamed to list good movies i've seen to the casual viewer.  i wouldn't go up to a casual acquantence and tell them that i've just seen 'stolen kisses', cause they'd look at me like i was a fool.
but with you guys, it's different and i'm not really sure what i'm ashamed to say that i've seen.  if i see a bad movie, i don't have to be ashamed, i just have to make sure everyone knows i think it was bad.  i guess i could be ashamed to say that i watched 'idle hands' and really liked it....i'm not sure though, does anyone else like this one?

Gabe

I rented Maid in Manhattan but didn't watch it. The Regret was too big.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I saw Pearl Harbor in the theaters ...I can't turn down a movie I haven't seen if someone is paying.

I guess that's how I ended up sitting through the Passion, as well.

Also, one of my ex-girlfriends had a horrible taste in movies.  Because of this, I had to sit through Darkness Falls, Jeepers Creepers, It, Final Destination 1 and 2 (if the saving grace of a movie is "The deaths are prety cool" then you know it's not too great).
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye