Is this a good computer configuration?

Started by DigitalFriend, July 29, 2003, 04:14:24 PM

DigitalFriend

go to alienware.com and put this in as the retrieval configuration code:

bobby@riggedproductions.com-494693

Basically I want a solid video editing system as well as audio editing.  Work well with premiere pro coming out and dvd burning...

Raikus

If you're plunking down 3K on a system, why not:

Faster than the Alienware. I can see if you prefer Premiere, but the G5 is far superior to a PC. Even an Alienware.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Cecil

DigitalFriend

I figured that was coming.  It's just I have too much money invested in PC software/goodies and have been using Premiere for 3 years now.  I have nothing against Macs, it's just I'm more fluent in PC and the money thing.

The alienware system was $2,000 though...

Raikus

That's cool then. I'm by no means a Mac salesman, but recently I've been searching for the perfect editing machine for my agency and I think it's the G5. I drool over Alienwares thrice weekly. They're great machines. If I had to  by PC it'd be either a Workstation Alienware or a souped up Dell.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

subversiveproductions

don't forget the sony vaio, maybe not as much power as an alienware, but they're smooth as shit.  and pretty.  ok, you got me, i have a vaio, but i like it dammit.
www.bloodlessriot.blogspot.com
let me pour my heart out to you strangers.

www.anewnothing.com
smile from ear to blood-dripping ear

mutinyco

"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe