Strange Angel

Started by jenkins, June 04, 2018, 07:14:31 PM

jenkins

the premiere is June 14. Ghostboy directed only the first episode. therefore June 14 is the important date.

jenkins

Variety has reviewed the first three episodes, the sole director they mention is Ghostboy. they say nice things about him and David Hart, then they express frustration about the pace of the show, which i expect to worry them more than us.

referring back to imdb, indeed another director isn't mentioned until episode 4 (Nelson McCormick). so he might be those first three. the final director-uncredited-on-imdb episode is number 7, which follows episode 6 directed by Ben Wheatley--perhaps that means he directs two, though i am uncertain.

this will be on CBS All Access, which is its own special thing. "The cost for CBS All Access is $5.99 a month ($9.99 without ads) or $59.99 for a year ($99.99 without ads)." they offer a 1 week free trial period. they released the first two Star Trek: Discovery episodes on the same day, then every remaining episode was a weekly release, not counting some strange gap in the middle of the reason for some reason.

this is the only show of the year i have an interest in for obvious reasons. based on what i know i'll wait for the first thee episodes to be released, which might take two or three weeks, then i'll do the free trial. that's because i won't want to wait around for what i most want to see, although i support the entire season by basic principle.

jenkins

i don't spend private time with my roommate except when we watch tv together, and private time is essential--we had decided on watching this show together, and i already explained that it's the first three episodes i want to see, and he thought that was fine since he understood, but actually there'll be this thing with like coordinating schedules and everything, of course, it's a 47-52minuter btw, so that'll need to be worked out--within the week trial period i don't think we'd watch the whole season anyway, or at least i wouldn't binge with him is what i'm saying no offense intended--otherwise i'd be chatting about this show already.

i'm predeveloping this view point that a feature within The Lowery Touch isn't period or even time so much as atmosphere, as to say his narratives aren't confined to their sense of time so much as, of course, their dreamscape.

jenkins

i'm about to make a Ben Wheatley post, i was checking Wheatley facts, and i saw that he did not direct episode 7 of Strange Angel, Meera Menon did