Godfather Part II HELP!

Started by finlayr, June 01, 2005, 09:09:03 AM

RegularKarate

Quote from: nix on November 15, 2006, 11:47:02 AM
Thank you. Tough to detect otherwise. And you never know 'round here. There are people genuinely excited about spiderman3.

Did you just compare Spiderman to Godfather?

nix

"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

Reel

The Godfather part 2, 1974, why not Best Picture God? Why not?!?!?!?!?

Pubrick

Did the drunkathon start already?
under the paving stones.

Stefen

I thought it did win best picture?  :ponder:

Are you talking about the xixax awards? I was okay with A Woman Under the Influence winning. I voted Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia, but I was okay with A WUTI winning.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

matt35mm

Reel

sry, false alarm guys. I was just watching last night and having never seen it I was like "damn, this shit's good as fuck, how did it not win best picture?" because it just seemed like a sequel would never get that kind of credit, but this was a rare case. Being drunk and all I figured it'd be easier to complain about my ignorance than actually do my research.

Stefen

This better not have been the drunkathon.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

Quote from: Stefen on February 24, 2011, 06:18:14 AM
This better not have been the drunkathon.

HAHA! Also

Quote from: Stefen on February 23, 2011, 11:31:17 PM
I thought it did win best picture?  :ponder:

Are you talking about the xixax awards? I was okay with A Woman Under the Influence winning. I voted Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia, but I was okay with A WUTI winning.

Reminds me of that North by Northwest thread that polka hated so much. I thought it was pretty funny.

RegularKarate

Here we are six years later and no one ever answered the original question.
Funny, cuz I just watched this movie a couple weeks ago and I've already forgotten the answer.

Pas

As for the original question, it's pretty simple:

this was over the public war between Roth and Frank AND the secret war with Michael (beginning of the movie assassination attempt against Michael)

I think the whole ''Michael corleone says hello'' deal is for bystanders ears. The people around will repeat that Michael killed frank which will lead to internal war between the faithful to frank and the faithful to Michael. Divide and conquer.

Finally, Frank DID think it was Michael. The original poster really didn't understand the story of the film at all. Frank goes to testify against the Corleone family but Michael has Frank's brother come in from Sicily to scare him off doing so. Frank later dies STILL thinking it was Michael all along. That's why he commits suicide, Tom implies that his family in sicily will be well taken care of if Frank takes 'responsability' for betraying the Corleone. Which MEANS  in mafia terms that if Frank doesn't kill himself his family in Sicily will suffer.

You have to understand that if the mafia tells you ''do something and we will help you'' it means : ''if you don't do this we will destroy you''. They probably won't help you or take good care of your family etc.

SO YEAH, here you go.

polkablues

Quote from: Pas on February 24, 2011, 10:04:47 AM
Reminds me of that North by Northwest thread that polka hated so much. I thought it was pretty funny.

Haha, I had completely forgotten about that.  I must have really been in a bad mood that day.  In my defense, I wasn't getting laid like at all in 2005.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pas

Haha what I like best about that thread is that normally less-joky-types people made some good ones.

Was Hedwig a funny poster??? I don't remember him so much, except his awful avatars and being a respected member.

Stefen

Yeah, Hedwig was pretty funny.

Pubrick

at his peak, hedwig was one of the top 5 funny posters who ever lived/wasted their lives posting here. but he often was too subtle in a pozer way, ultimately he will be remembered for taking the sensible position in every argument he entered.

that thread is also notable for containing the only thing silias has ever said that made me laugh..

Quote from: SiliasRuby on August 06, 2005, 12:29:55 PM
He was officially banned from the world on april 29th 1980.
under the paving stones.