What DVDs did you get for the Christmas?

Started by Banky, December 03, 2003, 01:16:54 PM

SiliasRuby

just that but got a lot of money and books that I wanted so I'm very happy.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pozer

all of the above save for the three after Bottle Rocket and two Burn After Readings. anyone want those?

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

Trick 'r Treat is pretty terrible. It has absolutely no plot. It's a fun direct to video type of flick.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gold Trumpet

No joke. In my household, I don't get DVDs for films I like. I learned long ago that if the person buying you the DVD didn't like what you picked out, they weren't going to buy it for you, no matter what. Even my girlfriends never buy me films I like because they don't even know what they are. It was coincidence that I became midly obsessed with an old 60s show like this and my parents knew it and liked it too. Haha.

Still, very happy to have it.

Bethie

my best friend last week was like, "i got you a GOOD gift." so i rush around buying a few more items to put into her gift box. all along thinking, i wonder what it could be? i mentioned to her about wanting the Wings of Desire Criterion. She mentioned buying Criterions for her boyfriend. I did tell her I was going to buy Last Days of Disco. She listened to me and retained this information. Or maybe she bought me one of the seasons of SNL that I don't have yet? hmmm, miss best friend, what did you get me?!!!!

Christmas Eve, I bought her AND her boyfriend a gift, thinking, "they got me something good, I better buy them both something." 

A STUPID CANDLE. A CANDLE, REALLY? maybe she was drunk when she said she bought me a good gift. of course she can buy her boyfriend criterions but not me? Hoes before bros, come on.
who likes movies anyway

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

RegularKarate

LG BD390
(haven't decided if I'm selling my Roku yet)

I know this is the DVD thread, but I love this player... makes me really want a 1080p set.  I just wish my surround system didn't make everything out of sync (I think this is the crappy surround system and not the player)... might have to sell that and get a new one.

MOVIES:

District 9
Dark Knight
Dark City
Dirty Harry
Star Trek
Superman
Iron Man

Admittedly, I bought a good deal of these for myself with "Christmas money" (money I allowed myself to spend because it was Christmas)

polkablues

Finally used up my gift cards, and here's where I stand:

And I got my girlfriend these, but they get to live at my place because she doesn't have a blu-ray player:

She got me this, which doesn't apply to this thread, but is my favorite present of all, so I don't care:

Fucker weighs like 30 pounds.  It's awesome.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pas

Quote from: polkablues on January 04, 2010, 09:15:43 PM
And I got my girlfriend these, but they get to live at my place because she doesn't have a blu-ray player:

edit : haha almost beats the present I gave my gf last year : books I wanted to read.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Pas Rap on January 05, 2010, 10:16:16 AM
the present I gave my present

I hope THAT present got a present too.

but where does it end?

Pas

Quote from: RegularKarate on January 05, 2010, 10:38:28 AM
Quote from: Pas Rap on January 05, 2010, 10:16:16 AM
the present I gave my present

I hope THAT present got a present too.

but where does it end?

hahahaha the idea of giving presents to presents really cracks me up... post edited!

modage

Sad this thread hasn't seen any action this year!

New:

Upgrading Favorites:

Girlfriends:

Bought with Xmas Money:

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye