In the tradition of

Started by kotte, April 11, 2005, 02:29:27 PM

Gamblour.

Quote from: Pedro the Alpacahaha, a little offended?

What? No.

Tim Reynolds will punch through pete's skull and then eat the innerds.
WWPTAD?

Pedro

Quote from: Walrus
Quote from: deathnotronic
murder by death. (has anyone heard these dudes? they're very in on their movies. some of their song titles = "i'm afraid of whose afraid of virginia woolf", "holy lord, shawshank redemption")

A very amazing band you speak of.  Saw them live once, and they put on a hell of a show.
i saw them live, but i remember only thinking they were ok.  for some reason they played before since by man who played before (international) noise conspiracy before the dillinger escape plan.  maybe it was because i saw dillinger the same day, but i just remember being really unimpressed.  i should check out the albums, huh?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I recommend their album "Like the Exorcist, But With More Breakdancing."

It's pretty super.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

deathnotronic

You can't beat DEP.

Quote from: WalrusI recommend their album "Like the Exorcist, But With More Breakdancing."

It's pretty super.

Really? I like their newest album more.  So, check out "Who Will Survive and What Will be Left of Them?"

It's got a country western-esque feel. When I listened to it for the first time, I thought I was watching a country western movie.

ps. if you support filesharing i will send either of these murder by death albums to you via aim.

GoneSavage

If you people like Murder By Death, you'll love Black Heart Procession.

deathnotronic

Quote from: GoneSavageIf you people like Murder By Death, you'll love Black Heart Procession.

Black Heart Procession is alright. They kind of bore me.

GoneSavage

Perhaps I should have said "If you like Murder By Death, there may be a chance you will also enjoy Black Heart Procession because in my opinion I find the bands similar.  Additionally, if you do find yourself enjoying Black Heart Procession, you may want to give Three Mile Pilot a go."  Regrets.

As for nobody beating DEP, I would say that all the bands they are aping beat them.

Who would like to throw this thread more off-topic?

pete

dude, Kotte, you have to go see M. Ward, who is on tour right now.  I just saw him tonight, and he is amazing.  I know he sounds all sensitive and man-childish on the CD, but in person he rocks so hard on the guitar and kicks so much ass, and his two opening bands were wicked great too, I think you'll find a dose of what you were looking for.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton