Scrubs

Started by zerocool41, February 08, 2004, 05:38:06 PM

zerocool41

Anyone know if this will ever come out on dvd?  Scrubs is in the top 5 shows on TV right now...my opinion..
I'm going to lay down a monster hand here.

A Matter Of Chance

I have no clue, but it's your 82nd post.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Probably not soon, but I agree that it is a humorous show.  It will inevitably be on DVD, I just doubt it will soon.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Raikus

I'm sure NBC will try to syndicate it once it finishes it's run. Don't count on that happening though. Scrubs is a great show and NBC no longer has the flagship of Friends to back--they're going to be looking for the next best thing and Scrubs is high on the list.

So probably three more seasons of Scrubs, then syndication, and look for the Season 1 disk in 2009.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Rudie Obias

i just bought scrubs yesterday @ a local record store.  i love the show but when i worked @ the thrift store, i had no real time to catch it.  now it's on dvd i think it's the greatest thing ever!!  best sitcom on tv right now, hands down.  i have a hetero crush on zach braff...
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

modage

i love this show.  i started watching it last year when Season One and Two came out on DVD and then managed to catch up with 3 and 4 and through the first part of the new season all in the last month or two.  the entire cast is great.  at first i was sort of offput by how incredibly mean almost all the characters were in the first season but its something that you ease into.  in addition to being pretty hilarious its also pretty involving with bits of drama and soap opera thrown in.  and the best part is that in 5 seasons the quality has never wavered.  the whole show is great and it never feels forced.  its not quite as groundbreaking as Arrested Development but it's definitely a great show in it's own right.  i'm actually a big Zach Braff fan now.  :shock:

Title: Scrubs
Released: 9th May 2006
SRP: $39.99

Further Details:
Buena Vista Home Entertainment has announced the third season of Scrubs which stars Zach Braff, Donald Faison, Sarah Chalke, Ken Jenkins and John C. McGinley. The three-disc package will include all 22 episodes of the third season, each presented in 1.33:1 full frame, along with English Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks. Extras will include audio commentaries with cast members, show creator and writer, a gag reel, deleted scenes, alternate lines, a "Twist and Shoot" featurette on first-time directors, a stunts featurette, a guest-star featurette, and a dogs of the cast and crew featurette. Completing this new package will be a behind-the-scenes game of "Dare" featurette, an extended cast interview, another featurette on Elliot's character, and a J.D. and Elliot love saga feature. You'll be able to own this from the 9th May for $39.99.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: modage on February 10, 2006, 04:43:16 PM
its not quite as groundbreaking as Arrested Development
how is AD groundbreaking? to keep it relevant, if you mean the cutaways and nonsense, Scrubs was doing that 2 years earlier. and i don't think scrubs is groundbreaking.
under the paving stones.

modage

first show to have a characters hand bitten off by a seal. 

Arrested Development was like a gift from God.  Seinfeld took the sitcom as far as it could go with the traditional 4 camera setup and AD was heir apparent to the Seinfeld throne.  AD took the sitcom to the NEXT place. The show is so smart and so dense with comedy its impossible to catch it all on one viewing.   Repeat viewings only yield more rewards.  How many times have you seen the episodes?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

Too bad Scrubbs kinda sucks now.  I guess they kinda gave up when they stopped being popular.  Now it's just the same predictable shit over and over.

It's a shame... could have been a really good series.

modage

really?  i said i think its just as good as it ever has been.  why dont you think its as good anymore?  sure, the show has had a formula for the episodes pretty much since the beginning but its consistently funny and the characters have changed naturally while remaning true to who they are.  what do you think is worse?

Ravi

Scrubs sort of had a general formula anyways (always Braff's narration at the end, over a montage of the characters doing stuff), and the wackiness of the Scrubs universe sometimes seemed forced.  Still, the episodes I've seen (most of the first season and some of the second) were entertaining and funny.

I didn't know of it becoming bad since I haven't watched it lately.  It's not as bad as That 70s Show is now, is it?

JG

Quote from: modage on February 11, 2006, 12:08:29 AM
first show to have a characters hand bitten off by a seal. 

Arrested Development was like a gift from God.  Seinfeld took the sitcom as far as it could go with the traditional 4 camera setup and AD was heir apparent to the Seinfeld throne.  AD took the sitcom to the NEXT place. The show is so smart and so dense with comedy its impossible to catch it all on one viewing.   Repeat viewings only yield more rewards.  How many times have you seen the episodes?

Arrested Development took the idea of a Seinfeld or Curb episode to the next level.   It's whole run, spanning something like 50 episodes, was like one Seinfeld episode the way the different plot lines came together at the end.   As funny and great Curb is, it just doesn't match up to the brilliance of Arrested Development.   

RegularKarate

Quote from: Ravi on February 12, 2006, 07:04:06 PM
  It's not as bad as That 70s Show is now, is it?

Oh god no... it's still watchable. 
and I still occasionally watch it.

The thing is that it was never brilliant, it just always had potential.  I would watch it and think "they'll eventually get over this forced drama-in-a-comedy bit or at least find a way to make it less awkward and annoying" because it was the first couple seasons and most decent shows get better within the second or third season.  Instead, it became trapped inside that need to have everything fit inside it's unpleasant formula and just started reliving all the same gags and cutesy facial expressions.  Now I just don't give half a shit about any of the characters and unfortunately, a good deal of the show relies on that.

I've noticed that they're doing a lot of back to backs... maybe they're gearing it up to be an hour long show?  If this were the case, they could make everything seem less forced and more natural... the show could get better.

grand theft sparrow

Has anyone had the misfortune of watching this season?  It's so god awful now.  Season 6 was the first sign of problems when they started getting too serious and too preachy, but it's gotten so bad that it borders on embarrassing.  It's "last season of Night Court" bad.

Pubrick

i never liked it, it's the Family Guy of live action "comedy".
under the paving stones.