Movie Magic Screenwriter help

Started by Link, October 13, 2003, 08:12:10 AM

Link

Okay, I recently switched computers with my dad, and I'm trying to install Movie Magic Screenwriter 2000 to my new computer, and I did, so when I try to open a script, it tells me that there's no printer installed. It has trouble opening any script at all, whether it's one I've worked on or the sample scripts it comes with. I have no printer here at my dorm. There are a couple of drivers that have been installed, but that's it. So is there any way to get around it? Because I've been trying for the past couple of days and I don't know what to do.

TheVoiceOfNick

You might have to install the printer... your dad probably didn't have a printer, or his printer was different, so now that its not connected, your computer thinks there is no printer... install the drivers from the CD, or go to the printer's website to get drivers (like hp.com or something)...

Nick

Link

Well, I tried installing (several) drivers, but to no avail.  They install, but when I try to "add printers" in control panel (which is basically what the program is trying to tell me what to do), it says it couldn't be completed or something.  I'm thinking it's more of a computer problem.  I need to get my hands on a freakin printer, even just for a couple of minutes!

mutinyco

Are you using bootleg software? I had a bootleg of Final Draft 5, and after a year or so I started having the same problem. I think components of the bootleg expired. I couldn't print, then I couldn't even open the files. Best thing to do is to go on e-Bay and buy Final Draft 6 at half price.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe