Patricia Clarkson

Started by Ghostboy, October 10, 2003, 02:44:26 AM

Ghostboy

In the past three days, I've seen The Station Agent and Pieces Of April, which reminded me yet again what an amazing actress Patricia Clarkson is. The first time I ever saw her was in High Art, where I automatically assumed she was a German actress...and then the next time I noticed her was in The Green Mile, which was a complete 180. Her track record since then has been almost entirely flawless.

MacGuffin

I am a huge fan of Clarkson. In fact, my interest in a film jumps if I hear she is attached to it. I was blown away by her part in "High Art" (which needs a DVD release!!!), then found out she played Ness's wife in "Untouchables". Since then I've followed her career (she was the best part of the otherwise piece of crap "Simply Irresistible" and the perfect actress to redo Mrs. White in the "Carrie" remake). She needs a part that brings out of the supporting roles and lets her carry the movie though, or one that at least gets her more recognition. I would love to write a part and work with her sometime.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pookiethecat

Her role in "far from heaven" really caught my attention.  she turned the stock character of the Best Friend Who Reacts Negatively into something very unique and real.  Until then, like Ghostboy, I too thought she was a German actress based on how convincing she was in High Art.
i wanna lick 'em.

MacGuffin

Trio Joins KING'S Court
Patricia Clarkson to replace Meryl Streep in the role of Sadie in the Columbia Pictures remake.

One may be out, but three more are in. Patricia Clarkson has joined the cast of Columbia Pictures' update of All the King's Men, replacing Meryl Streep in the project, which Steven Zaillian is set to direct from his own adaptation of the Robert Penn Warren novel. In addition to Clarkson, Anthony Hopkins and James Gandolfini are negotiating to join the cast.

Clarkson, who became an audience and critical favorite with her performances in The Station Agent and Pieces of April (for which she earned her first Oscar nomination), will play Sadie, the aide to Southern populist politician Willy Stark, a Huey Long-like character that will be played by Sean Penn. Hopkins would play Judge, while Gandolfini will take on the role of Tiny.

Jude Law, Kate Winslet and Mark Ruffalo are also set to star in the film, which will be produced by Zaillian and Phoenix Pictures' Mike Medavoy and Arnold Messer. Political consultant James Carville, former Columbia exec Ken Lemberger and Todd Phillips are the executive producers. David Thwaites will oversee for Phoenix.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks